Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kell's Dream Insanity

Wow, what a cool experience! It's not often that that we have such vivid and adventure-filled dreams, especially one's that tell a coherent story. I enjoy the map and like it all the more knowing what inspired it. BTW, the lighting effects of the pink handwritten text are really cool. Very nice job. Sadly it seems I can't rep you at the moment.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Very nice and also a different style! The layout and design is great, the colors spot on (and not so dark )
    I envy you... I never recall my dreams except on rare occasions (and it's still too ephemeral).
    Thanks! I'm glad people are liking the style, as I've never done something like this before and was honestly having quite a few doubts along the way...

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Wow, what a cool experience! It's not often that that we have such vivid and adventure-filled dreams, especially one's that tell a coherent story. I enjoy the map and like it all the more knowing what inspired it. BTW, the lighting effects of the pink handwritten text are really cool. Very nice job. Sadly it seems I can't rep you at the moment.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thank you! Oh, and good if you think the notes don't look like absolute ass! I originally wanted to have a more purple hue to the glow, but in the end it just didn't have the effect I wanted, and it then evolved into this pinker tone which... I was really not wild about but it was the best I could come up with.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

It's a great style, Kell, and a very intriguing story. It's been a long time since a map drew me in as much as this one has. I hope you're going to expand on this story and share it at some point.

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    It's a great style, Kell, and a very intriguing story. It's been a long time since a map drew me in as much as this one has. I hope you're going to expand on this story and share it at some point.

Wingshaw
    Thank you! I'm definitely going to do something with this story, fear not.

I've had dreams about buildings or neighbourhoods that were weird and stood out in my mind but never a whole region or world. So do you often keep a dream diary or something?
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    I've had dreams about buildings or neighbourhoods that were weird and stood out in my mind but never a whole region or world. So do you often keep a dream diary or something?
    Well, I do have a dream journal by my bedside, but I usually only jot down the ones that stick out to me in some way. The ones that are so cool I'd rather not forget them. I've had the same notebook in use for a couple of years now and it doesn't have more than 15-ish entries right now, I think, so I can't really say I actively keep one.

I can't say this area was in the dream in full detail - like I said before, my dream-mind doesn't really follow the sensible laws of time and space, so things have a tendency to move and shift around. I just took the pieces that I remembered clearly, arranged them and filled the blanks where needed. But as I think I already mentioned, it was funny how often some things just felt more right being one way rather than the other, even when I could not clearly remember seeing them in the dream. All in all a very odd experience, but one I greatly enjoyed.

I'm already thinking of expanding this map and adding some locations from other dreams in here too. There is an old haunted castle and a cute little village on a snow-covered mountain side (that was occupied by a herd of talking squirrels and bunnies alongside a human man that they worshipped as their king... that was a weird one even by my standards ) that are just begging to be added into the this world. I've been toying with the idea of dedicating this setting interely to things I've dreamt about, and make a real and proper thing out of it. We'll see.

That is quite a nice way to capture a dream Kelleri. I do believe we can discover ourself more thanks to them. This is a great example of expressing them. Kudos.
    The map is awesome and it's done in an unusual style for you.

The most striking thing to me is.... the pink font... I'm not criticising, just wounld not expect it from you
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    The most striking thing to me is.... the pink font... I'm not criticising, just wounld not expect it from you
    Heheh, you are not the first person to say this... What can I say, it just felt fitting somehow!

Thank you!

I really like this map.
    And the background story.
    And the intriguing story on the map.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12