Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lands of Britannia (Ultima IV)

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    I definitely don't post my work here as often as I should, but I have a good occasion today with my last monster freshly delivered

So, this very special map is a private commission for which I had to explore the traditional map of Ultima IV and add as many personal touches and easter eggs as possible. The client have its own special version with some illustrations which are not on this public version, but there's still a lot of secret symbolics hidden all over the map

Usual information :
    - Private commission,
    - A2 size,
    - Hand drawn in Photoshop using a Wacom Cintiq Pro 16,
    - WIP & details pics on my Instagram (I started the map almost one year ago, so you'll have to scroll down : pics are mixed with my other work ^^').

"The Lands of Britannia" - 2019
    Attachment 115699

Hope you love it, guys !

And if you're interested and want to support me, prints are available on my InPrnt gallery !

Very good work! Are you accepting commissions? And do you produce maps on other materials, such as leather?

Quote Originally Posted by Moryarus Kasterel View Post
    Very good work! Are you accepting commissions? And do you produce maps on other materials, such as leather?
    Thanks a lot, Moryarus !
    I do accept commissions and you're welcome to contact me via my portfolio http://mistybeee.com/
    However, my specialty are digital maps : I don't have nor the skills, nor the tools, to work on leather, sadly.

I remember playing this back in the 80's on a C64, and spending literal hours pouring over the cloth map that came in the box. Never could make out the details, and I kept dying of poison in the swamps. I thoroughly enjoyed this map. Brought back a lot of great memories.

Praise

Beautiful in every detail, what a fantastic map. I love the calm colour shades; no stridency, that's good. The view of cities is cute, and the drawings on the sides put the work on a higher level. I love the colour and texture on that bell, by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Azaqi View Post
    I remember playing this back in the 80's on a C64, and spending literal hours pouring over the cloth map that came in the box. Never could make out the details, and I kept dying of poison in the swamps. I thoroughly enjoyed this map. Brought back a lot of great memories.
    I drew the map as a commission for a huge fan of the game (and of the cloth map ! ^^) wanting to share his memories with his kids now. I'm especially happy if the map can make other old gamers remember their experience ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Canvèscar View Post
    Beautiful in every detail, what a fantastic map. I love the calm colour shades; no stridency, that's good. The view of cities is cute, and the drawings on the sides put the work on a higher level. I love the colour and texture on that bell, by the way!
    Thanks a lot, Canvèscar ! The cities were especially fun to draw ! The bell... was drawn from one I have from my grandmother : she used it to call us all for lunch when we were all scattered in the orchards and woods around the house

Ultima Online took four years of my life, I would gladly give that time again, so reminiscing over your map was just a wonderful nostalgia boost all wrapped up in some fantastic art. Great job!

Praise Awesome!

There aren't enough superlatives in the English language. Your attention to detail is stunning and your artistry is out of this world. (No pun intended!) I certainly feel inspired! Thank you for sharing with us.

Quote Originally Posted by The MAD Cartographer View Post
    Ultima Online took four years of my life, I would gladly give that time again, so reminiscing over your map was just a wonderful nostalgia boost all wrapped up in some fantastic art. Great job!
    I'm so glad if I can offer some kind of... dreamy journey ? You're welcome in the map, Mad' ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dom de Mattos View Post
    There aren't enough superlatives in the English language. Your attention to detail is stunning and your artistry is out of this world. (No pun intended!) I certainly feel inspired! Thank you for sharing with us.
    Oh, I'm blushing again. I'm a red bee, now...
    Thanks so much for the super kind words, Dom ! #^_^#

Awesome map of the Ultima world. As a long time fan, thank you for bringing the world to life!

Quote Originally Posted by Landstrider View Post
    Awesome map of the Ultima world. As a long time fan, thank you for bringing the world to life!
    It's always a huge pleasure and honor to see the map is loved by fans. Thanks for the kind words, Landstrider !!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast