Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reiwa Republic (personal project)

Heh, I'll have to second Eilathen, this color scheme gives me a strong J. vibe

I really like the Japanese version, even if I can't understand it. All in all, I think you captured the "beautiful harmony" quite well. Nice work!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    Great map! I especially love all the tree border stuff, it looks amazing.
    Thanks QED.

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    Wow Voolf, brilliant work. I have so much to say for this, and so little time!

The tree bordering is wonderful, and that compass, just fantastic!

I'd rep on this but I gave my limit in challenge entries.

Cheers!

IR
    Thank you Adfor.

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    The attention to detail in this map is incredible. I love the illustrations for the border and compass rose. The landscape itself is so well detailed. Beautiful work, just excellent!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks for the comments on different platforms Arsheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I love the border work, Voolf

The map is beautifully drawn, as usual, and it's such a lovely way to celebrate a fresh new beginning.
    Thank you. everyone celebrates on its own way, so I asked myself, why not with a map

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Heh, I'll have to second Eilathen, this color scheme gives me a strong J. vibe
    I really like the Japanese version, even if I can't understand it. All in all, I think you captured the "beautiful harmony" quite well. Nice work!
    Hehe, thank you Kell. About 70% of the Japanese dosen't have any meaning. Beaside words like sea, ocean, bay, marsh etc. names are just made up same way as in latin alphabet. Fun fact Kanji have couple readings so even Japanese don't always know how to read proper nouns if it's the first time they see it
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Splendid work on this, Rafal! Everything is splendid but special mention for the forests & illustrations. That compass is glorious.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

As usual, your maps are beautiful in detail and mastery of your style! For this one, I find that the frame is particularly successful and original!

It is so beautiful ! I know, you started by mimicking John style but it has grown into a style of your own. I love the illustrations, I love how your forests follow the coasts, I love the cold palette, I love the spine like mountains, the lonely trees and, above all, I love the texture you manage to pull off, be it on the wood, the compass or the land itself. BTW, I'm in the process of mimicking your forests (you try and learn from the masters).

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Splendid work on this, Rafal! Everything is splendid but special mention for the forests & illustrations. That compass is glorious.
    Thank you. Squid compass was fun to make.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    As usual, your maps are beautiful in detail and mastery of your style! For this one, I find that the frame is particularly successful and original!
    Thank you very much JO.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    It is so beautiful ! I know, you started by mimicking John style but it has grown into a style of your own. I love the illustrations, I love how your forests follow the coasts, I love the cold palette, I love the spine like mountains, the lonely trees and, above all, I love the texture you manage to pull off, be it on the wood, the compass or the land itself. BTW, I'm in the process of mimicking your forests (you try and learn from the masters).
    Thank you Thom and good luck with the forest. It's time to turn your "hate of forests" into love
    New Horizons

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons

Support:

As it's been said many times already...Gorgeous work!

Quote Originally Posted by Landstrider View Post
    As it's been said many times already...Gorgeous work!
    Thank you!
    New Horizons

Support:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12