Thread: May/June '19 Lite Challenge: The Destruction of Whitetower

Wip May/June '19 Lite Challenge: The Destruction of Whitetower

Gosh, it's been a while since I've done one of these. And I'm entering this one right before the cutoff, too... (eek)

Anyway - I present to you the WIP of "The Destruction of Whitetower". Whitetower was an isolated township in the Great Southern Gorges. It was named for the tall ivory tower at its heart, which had runes of protection carved into its walls. Over the centuries, the residents of Whitetower neglected to clean the runes, and eventually, the magic protecting the township failed. An enormous flood churned its way through the gorge and Whitetower was destroyed.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0889.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	116023

Inspiration obviously taken from the Grand Canyon!
    Currently, it's inked in, with pencil shading. I'm going to try to erase all of that shading and get out my colouring pencils and see what I can do before the competition ends. And of course, I'll use a proper scanner. :P

And now with colour! I'm a wee bit worried that the brown gloop that is the flood isn't clear enough against the the similar colours of the gorge walls. The camera hasn't really done the colours justice either, so I'll make sure to get out the scanner ASAP.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Whitetower Photo.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	116028

That looks great. I don't have any problem seeing the onrushing flood now, so it should look great when it is scanned.

Welcome to the challenge Corilliant!

Nothing a bit of twiddling on GIMP can't do for you...

### Winner ###

Name:	Whitetower-progress-t.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	2.83 MB 
ID:	116037

Don't think there's much else I can do now. If I ever get a tablet, I'd love to draw and colour this properly, because the process was a bit rushed. Put that on the list of things I'll never get around to! ;D
    Last edited by ChickPea; 07-14-2019 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Added winner tag

Looking really good, and it's a great concept. I especially love how special and impressive looks the White Tower. Great focus

Nice update, that works!! I just got a mental flash of the scene in Independence Day where Jeff Goldblum's boss is trying to drive to his mother's house, looks up the street and sees the alien fireball being funneled right at him by the buildings and all he says is "Oh Crap!"