Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Cartographers' Guild Map

This might very well be my favorite of all your maps Misty. And that's a tough thing to say given that I've liked all your work that I've seen so far. This one is so full of little details that it is a joy to explore.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

This map is absolutely stunning! I had so much fun reading the whole page! It's a perfect representation of what the Guild is! I wish I could rep more!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really nice piece of work here! I really like the effect of the parchment pealing back away from the map in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Impractical Cartographer View Post
    Magnifique comme d'habitude, Misty.
    And Coat of arms motto's highly accurate for most of our maps.
    Hehe, thanks so much, Imp' ! Glad to have you in the Horror Vacui Community !

Quote Originally Posted by mirandaleiggi View Post
    This is so, so beautiful! I love the details, the perspective. I especially love the details on the center structure. Wonderful!
    Thanks so much, Miranda ! This kind of perspective is my dear favorite for maps, and I'm happy to be able to make it more and more detailed ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Akae View Post
    C'est sublime!!! Just a totally amazing map <3 <3 <3
    Merci beaucoup Akae ! I'm so glad you love it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    I've already gushed all over this in the WIP thread, so I won't bother repeating myself too much here. You know how much I love this.

You just captured the spirit of this place so perfectly, it makes my heart melt a bit. I really think this should be featured on the forum's main page somehow.
    Thanks Kell !! Don't melt too much, we still need you

Quote Originally Posted by KMAlexander View Post
    That is stunning. Wow.
    Thanks alexander ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by JoshStolarz View Post
    Wow Misty, this is just absolutely stunning. Your work is always so beautiful and I love the theme you went with for the map.

- Josh
    Thanks Josh ! I'm happy if people can identify there something they enjoy on the Guild !

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Just a grand piece of work Bee. Hopefully this one will show up on your print store someday?
    Thanks so much, North ! The prints are available just here if you're interested ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEpic View Post
    Beautiful, complicated, and yet well ordered. Love the parchment and old world feel. Truly Excellent stuff!
    "ComplicatedBeee" would fit me better if I'm honest, but if it works for map making, then I can't complain

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I also enjoyed the old world parchment effect you gave to this as well as the guide lines extending and the writing which does in fact remind me quite well of an antique I have from my family name complete with seals and so on. Well done.
    I'm addicted to those old parchments and observed a lot of them for this map. Actually, I would be really honored to see the one you have from your family ! You're lucky to have one

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    This might very well be my favorite of all your maps Misty. And that's a tough thing to say given that I've liked all your work that I've seen so far. This one is so full of little details that it is a joy to explore.
    Oh, thanks Wolfe ! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    This map is absolutely stunning! I had so much fun reading the whole page! It's a perfect representation of what the Guild is! I wish I could rep more!
    Thanks so much, Dom' ! I'm glad you enjoyed the text as well ! It was hard to... make that short !

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Really nice piece of work here! I really like the effect of the parchment pealing back away from the map in the middle.
    Thanks so much, Arimel ! J. wanted scrolls for the challenges, so I had to scroll as much as possible ! ^^'

When you first arrived around these parts, you were already rocking a pretty high level cartography but you keep going up, up and away. This map, with a style you've already shown on other maps, reaches a whole other level of mastery ! Not only is it masterfully executed but it is inventive, whimsical and gorgeous ! ... Still sure you don't want the title of Goddess of Maps ? Merci pour ce bijou !

Ah, I love everything about this. The thought that went into matching the forum, the ornamentation around everything, the details, the parchment texture, just the quality of the map itself - everything. Unfortunately can't rep you right now.

It is so well made.

A guild wonder. I can assure you than an apprentice that would stain this in the Library would surely be harshly scolded!
    Thanks for this and for the WIP. Just so inspirational.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    J. wanted scrolls for the challenges, so I had to scroll as much as possible ! ^^'
    Can I just say - that exceeded any expectation I had for scrolls
    Just such a wonderful piece, Beee

Guild Member Guild Sponsor

Amazing detail. I love how the paper looks warn and there is an illusion of writing bleeding through from the other side. Super imagination explaining the difference facets of carographersguild through an ancient document and map. By seeing your drawing, I am encouraged to draw. Thank You!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast