Thread: [BATTLE MAP] The Occupied Ruins

Map [BATTLE MAP] The Occupied Ruins

Hi,

I have not come to this forum for mmmh... for far too long. But it is not because I decided to stop making cards but because I have done more and more of this kind of thing. I opened a page on ArtStation, Instagram, and a Patreon. And I continue to write music, scripts for films and stories for role-playing games (5th and Savage Worlds). That was a lot of work.

But I must admit that I love you all and that I missed you. So I come back, maybe not to participate in the challenges, but I come back.

I make my return by offering you a battlemap published some time ago: "The occupied ruins". I hope that pleases you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019w49.Ruins.Color.Grid.50%.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	273.5 KB 
ID:	120637

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCB View Post
    But I must admit that I love you all and that I missed you. So I come back, maybe not to participate in the challenges, but I come back.
    Right back at ya. Glad to have you back! Sounds like you have your hands full, but at least it sounds like exciting work.

And the map does indeed please I love the strong shading here, it makes me think of a blazing hot summer afternoon, and the warm colours seem to boost the impression. This looks like a great place to set up camp.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    This looks like a great place to set up camp.
    Some one have got the same idea. Look at the house ruins on the top right of the map, there's a sleeping bag there.

Very nice and efficient!

I really like how your stark shadows and choice of colors anchor the map in a summer evening ! It's very armospheric. Du très bon boulot !

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Very nice and efficient!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR
    I really like how your stark shadows and choice of colors anchor the map in a summer evening ! It's very armospheric. Du très bon boulot !
    Merci à vous deux.

For my colors, I've taken advice from a talented comics colorist that is also a friend of mine: Pascale "Drac" Wallet. She has made me change all the technics I used for coloring my maps. Thank you to her

The colors do look comicky, and the shadows really make it all… shine.
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

Quote Originally Posted by Eowyn Cwper View Post
    The colors do look comicky, and the shadows really make it all… shine.
    That's my goal.

That looks really cool!

This is a great set of ruins. I love the sunset lighting!