Thread: The lands of Conterre (personal project)

Default The lands of Conterre (personal project)

This map started as a rough testing sketch in Affinity Photo. I bought that software like 2 years ago, but because it had problems with Wacom tablets i could not really use it for drawing.
    Two months ago they finally fixed it! So without much thinking I began testing it for my mapping process.

Except few things that are missing (not essential but still) and few tool working a bit differently than expected, it's really nice software for mapping. The nicest thing is brush engine which is super easy to use and tweak.
    AP aslo has some nice textures.

I don't think i will switch to it anytime soon, but it's a good backup app to have

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The lands of Conterre_CG.jpg 
Views:	2611 
Size:	4.73 MB 
ID:	121637
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Your style is always so attractive to my eyes !
    I love the lineart, the strong colors and the bright light !
    But it was difficult to me to see the differences between the previews maps and this one with the new software... maybe in the texture of the terrain or the sea ? Or the brush used for the waves near the coast ?
    Anyway, it always looks so nice to me !

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I always love the way your mountains and forests and plains blend together. Another great map here!

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Your style is always so attractive to my eyes !
    I love the lineart, the strong colors and the bright light !
    But it was difficult to me to see the differences between the previews maps and this one with the new software... maybe in the texture of the terrain or the sea ? Or the brush used for the waves near the coast ?
    Anyway, it always looks so nice to me !
    Thanks JO.
    Naturally the map must be different in some way, since i used completaly different brushes for this one

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    I always love the way your mountains and forests and plains blend together. Another great map here!
    Thank you Arimel
    New Horizons

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons

Support:

Beautiful drawing, and this time also gorgeous colours!

I haven't been around a lot, but I think you went through a 'grey period' before this. This map is much more like the ones I really loved before that.

And thanks for getting me to try AP again. I have downloaded the trial and discovered that the problem with the tablet simply not working with AP has at last been remedied.

Now I just need to work out how to steer the thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Beautiful drawing, and this time also gorgeous colours!

I haven't been around a lot, but I think you went through a 'grey period' before this. This map is much more like the ones I really loved before that.

And thanks for getting me to try AP again. I have downloaded the trial and discovered that the problem with the tablet simply not working with AP has at last been remedied.

Now I just need to work out how to steer the thing!
    Awesome!, good luck, and thanks
    New Horizons

Support:

Great Map Voolf!

Very good job, it turned out great !

I like how each place has its own architecture.

The colors look nice and natural, they also create an interesting contrast with the blue of the sea.
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

Gorgeous work! Your style is very recognizable and beautiful, no matter the software.
    I got Corel Draw with my wacom tablet (if I remember well) and did not really try it. Maybe I should give it a try. My first impression was that it was less powerful for mapping, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Great Map Voolf!
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Moureau View Post
    Very good job, it turned out great !

I like how each place has its own architecture.

The colors look nice and natural, they also create an interesting contrast with the blue of the sea.
    Thanks Marc. I like when the building are unique on the maps, but not always have the strenght to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Gorgeous work! Your style is very recognizable and beautiful, no matter the software.
    I got Corel Draw with my wacom tablet (if I remember well) and did not really try it. Maybe I should give it a try. My first impression was that it was less powerful for mapping, though.
    Thanks !
    As far as i know Corel Draw is a vector graphic software. It's possible to make maps if you place stamps everywhere, but for regular drawing, raster is better in my opinion.
    New Horizons

Support: