Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Illustrated Map of the British Isles

Map Illustrated Map of the British Isles

So this is a project I have been working on for the best part of this year, and I am so pleased with how it has turned out! It's a big one, A2, the biggest one I've ever done, and the most detailed too. I cannot wait to see this printed!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	British Isles Map (watermarked).jpg 
Views:	1773 
Size:	7.33 MB 
ID:	124769

Created in: Adobe Photoshop CC.
    Size: A2
    Time taken: many, many hours

The little illustations are delightful! Nice work all in all, I can tell a lot of effort was put into this. Would love to see it in colour, but it works quite well in B/W as well.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thank you! Yes, I am considering doing a colour version, but that is new ground for me so a little unsure about it! I will definitely be looking into it though.

Blog Entries

Nice map, very well done - I always like the little icons of places like that. What was the rationale for choosing those particular places ? Were they places you liked when travelling or had some specific meaning as a set ?

Very nice work

Quote Originally Posted by XploringMap View Post
    Very nice work
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Nice map, very well done - I always like the little icons of places like that. What was the rationale for choosing those particular places ? Were they places you liked when travelling or had some specific meaning as a set ?
    Thank you! I have a love of the older sites (hence the stone circles) and medieval castles, so wanted to include some of those and some other maybe lesser-known places as well as some more natural features. It was tricky deciding what to include to be honest, as there is so much of interest around! I have toyed with the idea of doing some age-specific maps but I also don't want to go overboard with the British Isles. I have plans to do some more focused maps of counties to include some more local details but that will take time. It was tricky to guess what places people would want to see featured but keeping it a bit more unique with the selection too. I'm still not sure how well I did with it?

This is so good, I love all the little details (I can see my house from here XD). I can see the hours and work that went into it.
    Personally don't think it needs colour, but would be interesting to see

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrix View Post
    This is so good, I love all the little details (I can see my house from here XD). I can see the hours and work that went into it.
    Personally don't think it needs colour, but would be interesting to see
    Thanks! Haha. Yeah, it took a long time, but I don't regret it. Colour would definitely be a challenge, but it would be a good one to try. Black and white is definitely my prefered style at the moment - a comfort zone I should probably do more to push out of.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Amazing work and the time spent is very clear! Excellent details, particularly in the monument drawings. It is kind of sad though that Cardiff Castle was missed , although I admit it does not look as impressive as many of the other ones that you included.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast