Thread: Sledgeburrow

Default Sledgeburrow

It has been far too long since I finished a piece. With much joy, I bring you Sledgeburrow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sledgeburrow, by Ian Ringler.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	3.97 MB 
ID:	130266

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sledgeburrow Portrait, by Ian Ringler.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	8.35 MB 
ID:	130267

Hand drawn & inked with Copic liners. Prismacolor colored pencils, and their hard lead Verithin pencils were used for coloring.

The WIP thread can be viewed here.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

IR

Wow, it's lovely! I like the contrast of the very straight lines of the buildings with the lively water and the brilliant mix of colors. The paper texture is a good choice for the pencils.

This is looking great Adfor. Congratulations on finishing it, it's really nice to see it completed after watching you work on it the past few months.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Yah it is finished! As already stated I love all the little details and linework here. Great map!

Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post
    Wow, it's lovely! I like the contrast of the very straight lines of the buildings with the lively water and the brilliant mix of colors. The paper texture is a good choice for the pencils.
    I hadn't thought about that contrast! The river was a new approach that I think turned out well. The paper held up well, not much smear, and while the lower right took a beating from my palm, the rub-off was minimal. I appreciate the kind words, Baron!

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
    This is looking great Adfor. Congratulations on finishing it, it's really nice to see it completed after watching you work on it the past few months.
    Oh my friend you have no idea the battle I go through with starting projects and not finishing them, I had a wonderful time with this one, so the battle was easily fought. Shadowing always seems to be where I get bogged down. The 'assembly line' approach helped. Thanks for always rooting for my art.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Yah it is finished! As already stated I love all the little details and linework here. Great map!
    The sense of fulfillment is palpable. The support means a lot Arimel, thank you!

This is really nice!!

Very nice and great details, especially considering the size.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    This is really nice!!
    Thanks Tom, it means a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Very nice and great details, especially considering the size.
    Thank you Ilanthar, it's always fun to challenge myself with how elaborate I can get, it has been good practice.
    Last edited by Adfor; 07-02-2021 at 11:48 AM.