Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sagmar

Map Sagmar

Back from the Grave, indeed...

Way back in 2019, I ran a monthly challenge for Halloween.
    As I was running it, I didn't enter it, much as Diamond has said - it feels wrong to enter a challenge you are running. However, I did make a map.
    That map sat about half complete for quite a while. But I recently have returned to some old unfinished maps and started back into some.
    This one got some renovation changes and got itself completed. It always fun to save the orphans from obscurity.

This one is the region of Sagmar, which is part of an overall larger area within Time's domains.
    I have quite a few maps that are related to Time and the various places it creates to while away the eons on its passage through the long existence of... well, itself, I guess.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sagmar [2023] m jstevenson.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	3.01 MB 
ID:	136563

Oh, I forgot to add these. I did a few quick sketches before starting the map.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Views around Sagmar.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	352.6 KB 
ID:	136564

Just... awesome. I love when you're doing this kind of map with a sense of a landscape view. So full of details and easy to read. And so beautiful too.

Yours maps are always so ..."soft"! Really like them all

I have no words
    I'm going to study the heck out of your maps!
    Awesome work!

Really like it as well! I admire your sense of design when it comes to framing and elements outside of the map...!
    Thibaud J.B. - Astral booker of l'Arpenteur
    Cartographer and pathfinder of distant lands
    Website |Artstation Portfolio | Instragram | Reddit
    Tel: (+33)6 13 95 93 78
    Discord: l'Arpenteur#6822

Ah a classic J.Edward map! I love it. And well done for going back to finish. It's so easy to get distracted by the new shiny project and forget about old ones.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I don’t know why, but I tends to generally prefer the maps you draw for you than the commissioned ones… maybe you are more free ? This one is jut splendid and thank you so much for sharing the sketches !

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Just... awesome. I love when you're doing this kind of map with a sense of a landscape view. So full of details and easy to read. And so beautiful too.
    Thanks Ilanthar These views are always fun to do. I have several others from this time period that are also unfinished, that need to be worked on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simkin View Post
    Yours maps are always so ..."soft"! Really like them all
    Thanks Simkin. I sometimes think I need to do more colorful and/or more contrasted work, but this is my natural inclination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valterink View Post
    I have no words
    I'm going to study the heck out of your maps!
    Awesome work!
    Thanks Valterink
    Quote Originally Posted by l'Arpenteur View Post
    Really like it as well! I admire your sense of design when it comes to framing and elements outside of the map...!
    Thanks you l'Arpenteur I edited this one several times, changing how I did the frame and stuff. It originally had a dragon as part of it, but it just did not seem to look right, so I erased that and reworked it, which I am glad I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Ah a classic J.Edward map! I love it. And well done for going back to finish. It's so easy to get distracted by the new shiny project and forget about old ones.
    Thanks CP Yeah, it can be very hard to get back to past maps. I have a lot that are sitting in varied states of completion. I'm always glad when I can complete one and add it to the family.
    Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    I don’t know why, but I tends to generally prefer the maps you draw for you than the commissioned ones… maybe you are more free ? This one is jut splendid and thank you so much for sharing the sketches !
    Thanks Joel Yeah, i do often have various constraints when doing commissioned work, such that my natural flow and designs just don't come through in the same way.

That flattened perspective is SO pleasing to look at. It truly drags you in there. So much wonderful detail to bask in!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast