Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking Big - Torq's landgrab - choose a territory

With the never really finishing the world thing, I was really only planning on using this region for my game. (at least for now) It would probably be expanded upon along with this, and I will probably be providing a couple maps within the next couple of weeks while I am creating level zones for the different areas of this place, placing down cities, etc. in Oblivion. (if you would like, I could send topographical views of the finished products later on)

Post The next region

I'm not sure where to put this so here it comes.

On the next region we decide to do, Torq or whosever in charge of that region should draw country base on the landscape instead of making a 25 grids like the first region. It would be much easier to work with from the creator point of view up to the wiki implementation (like when I try to do the world overview swapping images).

Just my 2 cents to have our next step a little bit more friendly-user for all.

Sea-U-Hall,
    Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

I quite liked having the blank section to work with. Having defined borders isn't necessarily a good thing. It limits the person doing the map.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Alu, do you mean actually drawing out the plitical borders of the various areas and having people choose an area each, rather than a square or rectangular region? If so doesn't that make for problems in that most maps are square which means you will, by definition, be mapping portions of other people's regions. This might create a continuity problem. I suppose you could leave those areas blank, blurred or shaded. Interesting idea. I's like to hear what others think.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Guild Journeyer

hello.

This looks interesting. I wouldn't mind having a go at this sometime in the future. Looks like a good exercise to further my skills. Is there a posting of the finished or latest version with everyone's work somewhere?

cheers

Jez

Welcome to the CWBP jezelf. The whole project is being put together as a WIKI with its own link on this board. All of the threads on this board represent WIPs of the areas being mapped in the project too. Before opening up another region of the world map for mapping we are concentrating on filling the regions that have been done with local maps. Feel free to dive in if you see an area you would like to do and start a thread with your WIP. Its that simple.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    Feel free to dive in if you see an area you would like to do and start a thread with your WIP. Its that simple.

Torq

heh - sorry, My brain is even more simple. where am I diving?

Am I looking on the wiki for an area or is therea place on CG?
    All I see on the wiki is texted descriptions of places - some with finished maps am I choosing from there?

I was thinking there would be a region like the one at the start of this thread (which all look like they are taken) - can you post a link to where I should be looking to choose from?

no rush as I've got other stuff to do first, but just wanted to know where to look.

Cheers
    jez

Blog Entries

I would start with this list...

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/Temp/CG/In...CWBP_Index.htm

this map (click for large version)...

...and have a look at some of the list links. If you wanted a new area thats not been done at all (dull brown ones) then just post a wip thread and start on it. If one has only ever been slightly mapped and then discarded then you can take that after posting that you would like to and then wait for about a week to see if theres any objections. Probably none tho. You can take any missing cities or towns or make up a new one if you so desire but there's so many with nothing mapped that its unlikely that you would need to unless you had a good story and a missing piece to fill in.

If you do start anything, try to keep with the thread naming convention and then it will automatically get indexed into the above thread at some stage.

Also, if you need any templates for the exact borders to the tile, or some basic 3D terrain (I know you will...) then just ask as I have them all chopped up and ready. You dont have to stick exactly to the tile but just check with neighbors if you want to change anything that might affect them.

EDIT -- The numbering for the tiles is a little odd. Heres a link to Torqs tile numbers...

...with extra numbers tacked on down the right liek this...
    Last edited by Redrobes; 09-25-2008 at 03:17 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

@RedRobes - Area 23 is actually mine now
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Sure, these images are out of date. It was just to show the extra numbering down the right hand side. The best source of who has what is from the WIP thread index as that's where the effort is being tracked. Even some of the brown tiles have notional owners who have done some text or mapping on them. They have just never got to a state thats even a basic WIP map for it.

Steel, your tile thread is in the index and the map is on the overview image. Dont worry

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast