Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] My atlas style in PS

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Tutorial [Award Winner] My atlas style in PS

I might be giving away the farm on this one, since I consider this to be my best style, but since I like to teach and make a tut for just about everything -- I present to you my atlas style. It's not meant to be the end-all be-all but rather an introductory course...where you can take it and adapt and change things as you see fit. I know my tuts tend to be lengthy and sometimes difficult so I'll do my best to help you out with any questions/problems you might have.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ascension's Atlas Style in GIMP.pdf   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atlas tut.jpg 
Views:	16762 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	9660   Ascension atlas style.pdf  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gidde; 05-06-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Added Gimp Translation
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

The tutorial looks like it took a lot of work and I certainly love this style. A lot. I love the bright color, the sea and the ice to the north. And the golden font... darn, so much to learn

Repped...
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Praise

I may be snowed or iced in tomorrow. If so, I know what I'll be doing . Thanks.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I'll give this a whirl sometime soon - I'm sure its up to your usual quality.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I looked it through and I am impressed. It looks really easy... How long have you spent perfecting your style?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

About 2 weeks shy of 2 years. I've got some of my first psd files still on the hard drive somewhere and I've been thinking of converting them to jpg and posting them up so that everyone can snicker at my river violations
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

That would be fun!

Very interesting tutorial. I can't seem to get it to work but that's because there are several areas I am confused on. Regardless though it has given me some neat ideas on how I can make my maps better.

A really great tutorial!
    You popped up with it right after I thought "It would be nice to get a good atlas tutorial"... I'm gonna spend a lot of time to learn it and adapt to my techniques.
    Thank you very much for this one!

Looks good!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast