Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: February Entry: the Necromancer's Lair

Default Map Key / Legend - done

OK, still a few more rooms and detail to throw in, but logistically I needed to see if all the information for my map key/legend would fit - and it does. That's what I did tonight. I might hand-draw the next couple rooms yet, but will post tomorrow.

The Map Key/Legend consists of all required data for the "other One Page Dungeon Contest" rules. Included is a numbered key that corresponds to the labels placed on the map with each location's designated title. A miniature outline of the dungeon map with the numbered keys placed. The legend includes the title, the artist's name, a link to the online source for the Creative Commons license, and a link (yet to be created) to a website containing the entire adventure (though the rules allow posting random monsters, etc. on a online source) - so I'm stretching that to include an entire Pathfinder RPG adventure for a party of four 18th level PCs (a high level adventure.)

I added my Compass Rose from my December Challenge Entry because it works.

Still left to do:

1. Build a gate house at location #2 with a double set of iron doors in front and a portcullis inside. Note the trap placed here, poisoned cross bow bolts shoot from the walls.

2. Long hallway in front of the gate house, will contain a rotisserie crossbow machine operated by an intelligent undead minion that will fire 3 poisoned crossbow shots through the portcullis at the trapped PCs. Also a second minion with a Wand of Magic Missles will be firing at the PCs too. (Though minions won't be placed only the rotisserie crossbow machine.)

3. Detailed stepped flooring in the Ghoul Tunnel (location #3)

4. Replace the sarcophagus in the Masoleum (location #5) with one that depicts a woman warrior (Lhessadrak's wife in life).

5. Create the interior of the Laboratory (location #11) - already know what I plan to do...

6. Create the interior of Lhessadrak's Residence (location #14) - already know what I plan to do...

When the list is complete, only one thing to do - create the adventure and post on my site, as well as the same in PDF format linked and downloadable from my site.

Almost done!

I see an error in the legend - secret door (will fix).

Enjoy!

GP

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crypt.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	22041  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02-12-2010 at 03:28 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Beautifully done as always GP, and it has that trademark GP hatching to it. My only (minor) crit is that the grouting on the flagstones is huge compared to the scale of the figures, but that might be an artistic / visibility thing.

Ravs, its my way of placing a 5 foot grid in the form of square tiles - it simulates the gird without placing one. I hate grids, I only placed them in cavern areas with no floor tiles.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Neat stuff GP!

If I'm not mistaken you've used the name Lhessadrak before.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I'm going to reference my previous Lhessadrak map as the structure above this dungeon and post both maps on my website as addendum information for this map and contest (other contest).

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Default Finished at last!

Finally finshed this map - everything is done!

I am currently burning the PDF file with those web links at the bottom of the legend active to point to the license and dungeon errata (which I will create tonight.) This has been a bear of a map and a real time consumer - considering how fast I usually like creating any of my maps - few hours at most usually. I'd say this map has taken me upwards towards 20 hours to do - all the fine detailing in hand-drawn style (not to mention that boneyard!)

I'll post the PDF later so you can see the final version for the other contest with the working links.

No touch up to do, this is definitely over.

GP

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	crypt-final.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	22055  
    DrivethruRPG store

Default PDF created, linked here only

So I created a PDF of my entry as my final format for the other One Page Dungeon Contest, so I could place actual links to the license and my website for an intended whole Pathfinder adventure including random monsters, specific monsters, specific traps, NPCs etc. However while the link is active the page it points to is not - hopefully I'll get it up by the end of the weekend.

Anyway, I posted it as a link to download them map, but made it a 300 ppi PDF file, which makes it 13.8 MB in size - too big to upload here. I did it as 300 dpi, as that's professional PDF resolution, and the details are so small, if I didn't they would blur out.

Here's the link: Necromancer Crypt Map PDF

Sometime next week, check out that link and see the mini adventure set to this map!

GP

PS: I printed it out at 8.5 x 11 to see how readable it is, and though the text is smallish, about 8.5 points in size, still very readable - so the final works for me!
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02-12-2010 at 11:03 PM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Default Working on the adventure website for this map

Just for extra fun, I currently building the website for the adventure linked to the map PDF (it will take a few days, so I won't post a link yet), however I needed an illustration of Lhessadrak the Undying Pontiff, so I created this image (which is on Lhessadrak's bio page of the site.) The website will be just a directory under Gamer-Printshop.com.

Enjoy!

GP

Name:	lhessadrak-image.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	474.8 KB 
ID:	22082  
    DrivethruRPG store

[blasphemy] So that's what happened to John Paul II! [/blasphemy]
    Not meaning to offend any Catholics out there, but seriously that was the first thought I had about Lhessadrak...
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Default Working on the adventure...

Sadly, there' a reason that image of Lhessadrak reminds you of Pope John Paul II, I am sorry to say (don't send me hate mail), I needed a photo of a pope with his miter (hat) for reference, so I googled "Pope pics" and guess who I found... a photo of Pope John Paul II. The pose is his, as well as the outfit (altered decoration), but the head and hands are ficticious lich parts - the photo just worked!

So am I going overboard (nothing unusual there), I'm about a fourth of the way through creating the Adventure on its website. I don't intend to publish (well not officially anyway.) I thought I'd offer this as a FREE adventure for anyone to use - as part of the contest, and afterwards as a free adventure...

Here's my "cover design" for the adventure!

Enjoy!

GP

Name:	the_blood_beckons.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	538.8 KB 
ID:	22127  
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast