Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fyldewyn Castle

Default Fyldewyn Castle

I'm currently working on a map with an inset of a castle plan. A couple days back I sent the client the map design and they asked me to redo the entire castle. So now I've got this castle plan that won't be used and I thought I'd share it here. I've cropped the rest of the map of and changed the title and labels. So here is the map:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fyldewyn Castle small.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	100420

As always, let me know your thoughts! ;D

©Daniels Maps 2017 - All rights reserved
    Last edited by DanielHasenbos; 10-22-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Very nice, Dan. Shame you have to redo the castle, though...

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks very good. I have a few suggestions (coming from personal experience). Maybe make a toned down outline of the lower floor under the upper floors, to make it 1. easier to see where the floors are situated and 2. fill the blank spaces out more. In addition to that I would make the legend a bit smaller - 20% I think - it "crowds" the map a little
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Yes... too bad for your work, this one seems splendid !

Nice layout. Too bad you'll have to redo all of it. Assuming that you had provided some fore of concept art showing the proposed layout, and further that your client had signed off on it, such a major revision ought to warrant some form of fee. Based on experience nowadays I generally tell my clients up front that such revisions (unless due to an error on my part) will incur additional fees.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    Very nice, Dan. Shame you have to redo the castle, though...

Wingshaw
    Thank you, Wingshaw (:

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    Looks very good. I have a few suggestions (coming from personal experience). Maybe make a toned down outline of the lower floor under the upper floors, to make it 1. easier to see where the floors are situated and 2. fill the blank spaces out more. In addition to that I would make the legend a bit smaller - 20% I think - it "crowds" the map a little
    Thank you for the suggestion, tilt. Much appreciated. The size of the legend didn't really bother me before, but now that you mentioned it I see what you mean. I also realized the empty space, but I'm not sure how to fill it out.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Yes... too bad for your work, this one seems splendid !
    Thank you, Jo ;D

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Nice layout. Too bad you'll have to redo all of it. Assuming that you had provided some fore of concept art showing the proposed layout, and further that your client had signed off on it, such a major revision ought to warrant some form of fee. Based on experience nowadays I generally tell my clients up front that such revisions (unless due to an error on my part) will incur additional fees.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thank you, Arsheesh. Yes, I actually sent two draft versions of the map to the client that had the castle on it. It's quite a big map of an island kingdom, and this castle is just a small inset, so I guess they just didn't pay to much attention to it earlier. They admit that it was their mistake right away, and offered financial compensation for the extra hours, so all in all it's not that bad. I just got paid to make a portfolio piece (:

Sorry to hear you had to redo the castle but it's nice that they paid you for the extra work!
    Really great job!

Great map indeed! How long did it take to draw this?
    It really fits well in the portfolio!

Quote Originally Posted by FrancescaBaerald View Post
    Sorry to hear you had to redo the castle but it's nice that they paid you for the extra work!
    Really great job!
    Thank you, Francesca (:

Quote Originally Posted by The Lazy One View Post
    Great map indeed! How long did it take to draw this?
    It really fits well in the portfolio!
    Thanks, Lazy One. I didn't keep track of it, but I would say a full day?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast