Thread: Talisman inspired Fantasy map

Wip Talisman inspired Fantasy map

I've been working on a fantasy map interpretation of the board game Talisman with the intention that it could be used for a DnD campaign... and for fun! I've been playing around with a few drawings to nail down how I would like it to feel. This is what I have so far as a rough layout...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	704.9 KB 
ID:	91372

I don't want to post images of the board in case there are issues with that. But you can google it if you are interested in knowing the source. Basically there is a large area of land called the Outer Region that surrounds the Middle Region They are separated by the Storm River which comes in from the northwest, splits, surrounds the Middle Region, and the reconnects on the southeast where it continues on. In the middle of the Middle Region is the Inner Region which is separated by a circular mountain range. From the expansions there is a large ancient woodland area in the west. In the northeast is the Highland larger mountain range and in the southeast is The City where almost everyone lives since it is unsafe beyond the walls.

Of course there is much to be interpreted that the board doesn't answer. What is the source of the river, how does a river split and recombine. What do they trade and with who. I decided to have the territory to be part of a larger continent that is mostly separated from the rest of the world by the Storm Mountains. This way people should be able to easily add Talisman to their own campaign if they wanted to. A trade route comes through the pass on a long road and leads to the Village in the northwest. I've decided the east side of the board ends at a coast that the City rests on.

I'll add more and update this as I go but I need to go for now... feel free to comment

-Chops

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

What a cool idea! With the river, I know it kind of needs to surround the land (I remember the river was a bit of an obstacle) but maybe you could have two rivers that pass very close to one another in one corner, by the City perhaps. A forbidding ridge could separate the two rivers where they're close, and keep out people who aren't prepared to cross over.

This will be great to see!

Cheers,
    Meshon

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk