Thread: Hello!

Guild Novice
    Blog Entries

Default Hello!

I just found this forum today by happy googling chance.

I love Dwarf Fortress and am actively seeking for ways to enhance my Legends-viewing experience.
    I'm a Tolkien fan as well, so when I saw this map in a DF guide article, I immediately longed for a method of producing something like this for my own generated maps.
    This seems to be a classy place to get some fantasy mapping advice from pros.

I've already immensely enjoyed my initial perusal of the galleries and guides of the Guild.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	indius-MapMonde01-dwarf-fortress.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	314.6 KB 
ID:	72315Click image for larger version. 

Name:	indius-MapMonde02-dwarf-fortress.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	222.5 KB 
ID:	72314

Banned User

Hello Baile nam Fonn, welcome to the Guild! I see you are already a mapmaker, I think you'll find all kinds of interesting things here

We actually had a Dwarf Fortress themed monthly challenge some time ago. You'd need to dig through the challenge archive to find the maps though.

*edit* I just did a search. The challenge was in April 2013 so you could just type that into search if you're looking for inspiration on such maps. I also entered and the map is in my album in my profile.
    Last edited by Larb; 04-01-2015 at 10:33 PM.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Noooo...I can't think about DF....must resistttt.

Once I got around the setup and getting it to run with sprites and so on I was sick on that for too many hours and every time I think about it I feel a pull to fire it up again. Ah...I gotta go
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Novice
    Blog Entries

Your map of Eshtannakuth is far lovelier than I could have imagined of a fort map; so instantly recognizable that the labels were almost superfluous.
    I'm liking this place better all the time... and realizing that the above linked world map that I thought so grand falls quite short of the calibre of artwork that y'all are producing.

I can hardly wait to start adding my own WIPs to the board..
    downloaded Inkscape this morning and had fun producing nothing of value while being forcibly reminded of the enormous computational loads which graphics software can easily produce.