Thread: Thew Shrouded Isle!

Default The Shrouded Isle!

The Shrouded Isle!

The Shrouded Isle is situated in the middle of the Sea of Sheol.

Sheol is the name given to this area by the Grigori when these lands were sunk beneath the waves by Mephistopheles as the Shedim fled at the end of the last demonic war.
    His legions still guard the Hellgate on Kelleemah's most southern Isle.
    Tens of thousands lost their lives that day as the crippled Asmodai led his armies back to the infernal realms.
    This is what created the Shattered Isles that run along the rim of the Sea of Sheol and decimated the Fey of Kelleemah.

Although there are many dangerous and magical places within Kelleemah, the Shrouded Isle has become legendary.
    It is far from any other land and has a reputation for oddity.
    Many have gone there looking for treasure, fame, or just to satisfy their curiosity.
    Few have returned.

What they report is strange indeed.
    The isle is covered by a perpetual mist that burns and irritates the lungs.
    Ships often find themselves assailed by strong storms that whip up without warning, waterspouts with clear skies, sudden whirlpools, and more.

The famous explorer, Captain Shantay, once led a fleet of six ships to the isle.
    As he came within site of the isle he turned back to his second in command to give him orders, but was speachless.
    Even though it was a clear day, none of his five ships, which were there but moments before, where within site.
    They had simply disappeared and were never heard from again.
    His crew refused to go any further and he was forced to turn back.

Some have been to the island and made it back to civilization.
    These few have given us some idea of what is upon the island.
    One talked of a great volcano on its northern side.
    Another talked of dangerous sandbars, coral reefs, and rocks that make it dangerous to approach the coast.
    A glowing ghostly green ship has often been spotted, but all have fled in dread.
    Sea serpents have been seen along its coasts and a swamp on one side has been reported to be full of decaying corpses.
    Along the western side there is said to be the ruins of an ancient city, but all who have been there have aged soon after leaving the ruins, becoming old men in mere hours.
    The jungles are dense and full of life.
    The noise from the creatures there often become deafening.
    Nobody has ever came back, that has tried to spend a night on those shores.

The Shrouded Isle is covered by more than just a mist, it is covered in mystery!

Link to the thread:https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=31791
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CharlesRobinson; 09-21-2016 at 04:56 AM.

I fat fingered the thread title. How do I edit the thread title?

Hey Charles - Like the Avatar

To change the title of a thread you go back to the very first post you made, click edit, then go advanced and it should be right there in front of you ready to edit.

I've always like the Shrouded Isle

EDIT: I've since found out that you can only change the title of the comment, and not the thread itself. I think only a CL can do that for you. Sorry Charles - my bad!
    Last edited by Mouse; 09-22-2016 at 05:59 AM.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected darcycardinal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing this gem Charles, and what a way to start a thread off with, a story.

-darcycardinal
    Fabled Maps Cartography - Facebook Page - Click HERE
    Map Project "New Richmond" - Newest Update 10, Sept 5 - Click HERE
    New Richmond Sketch-update - Newest Update 2, Sept 8 - Click HERE

Really great job on the hills and the sea elements are really nice, my only suggestion would maybe some internal openings in the forests just to break it up? Also the outer islands have some shoreline waves, maybe the main island as well? The volcano smoke is well done too.

Thanks everyone!