Thread: Newbie Alert

Post Newbie Alert

Hey y’all, my name is James. I have been a D&D player for years. I have DMed a few games wheee we’ve goofed around, but now I’m starting my first serious campaign. I can build rather crude maps but with this campaign being pretty serious I was thinking that I’d try to learn how to be a better DM. One of these parts was to make a world for us to play in. I have watched a few videos and tutorials but I’m still not sure I’m doing that great a job.

So I came here. To ask for any help and criticism that I could glean from the vast knowledge that this community has to offer. I have posted my map in the region and world section already with some questions on some aspects of my map. I do not use any programs from map making, I enjoy the feel and sense of accomplishment I get from pen and paper. (Use pencil and then go over it in pen)

Some background knowledge of the map would include that this is a primarily desert region of the world as that is where the campaign starts and that there are many different styles or terrains of desert in relatively close proximity. This is a fantasy world so not all laws of the universe apply.

Thank you for reading and any future help, Sincerely, James.

Hi James and welcome to the Guild. Pen & paper maps are always welcome, and I hope you can get some help with yours.

If you need help finding your way around, just holler.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"