Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: On The Map - Interviews with Cartographers 22

Default Article: On The Map - Interviews with Cartographers 22

Olivier exceptionnelle! Quelle histoire fascinante - merci de la partager avec nous tous

Et je vous remercie Thomas pour le rendre possible pour moi de le lire

Outstanding Olivier! What a fascinating story - thank you for sharing it with us all

And thank you Thomas for making it possible for me to read it

Akae (Olivier) has fast become one of my favourite map-makers. His Japanese city maps are, each and every one of them, perfect jewels that I find enchanting and inviting: simplistic in style, and yet it draws the viewer in and always has something new to offer.

Thank you Olivier for this insight into your creative processes and muses, and thank you Thomas for your translation.

Wingshaw

Thank you Akae for a great interview, and thank you Thomas for a great translation!

I notice the Guild's bad language censor has activated in a couple of places in the French dialogue. The word censored out is the French equivalent of 'petite', or 'little' in context, just in case anyone's wondering what's going on!

Thank you for the interview. You are a model to follow with your exceptional maps.

What an interesting interview! It's great to know more about you and your work process.
    Your maps are an incredible example of exceptional skills and gorgeous style. You're an inspiration to me!

Tu as vraiment un style a toi, et il est définitivement fantastique, Olivier!
    Je vois que je ne suis pas le seul à avoir fait des études longues pour finalement consacrer beaucoup de temps au dessin et au jeu !
    Vraiment content que tu participes à la Guilde .

You have definitely a recognizable style, and it's a fantastic one, Oliver!
    Really glad that you are contributing to the Guild .

Merci beaucoup d'avoir partagé ça avec nous et ce fût un honneur de te traduire (et d'avoir la primeur de tes propos).

Thanks a lot for sharing your story (and your maps) with us and it was a pleasure to be your english voice (and have an exclusive sneak peak).

Guild Adept

Un grand merci à tous pour tous vos commentaires! Ca me touche sincèrement ça met du baume au coeur pour continuer et faire mieux encore!

A big thank you to all for your comments! It touches me sincerely it puts to the heart to continue and do better still!

Always a pleasure to read these interviews. Thank you for sharing your story, Akae - I truly admire you and your cartographic work. And thanks to Thomas for the translation as well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast