Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erana

Wip Erana

Hello! Currently, I am working on a map of a continent in my fantasy world, Erana (by that, I mean the continent is called Erana). I've done some writing about this world, but I've been occupied with sci-fi for awhile. There's a reasonable depth of history in this world so far, and I thought I'd share my progress with you. First off, here's a map of Erana in the New Era I made by hand:

Erana.png

My idea for this world has change much of time. For example, I used to say elves lived in the far north, but I soon decided elves were cliche so they don't anymore. That idea has been erased from my world's history. Also, the dwarvic (The adjectival form of 'dwarf' in my world) language has turned from an alphabet to a syllabary (Which I still am developing).
    The map I am making now is of the Second Era (after the New Era). Here's what I got so far:

Erana.jpg

Tell me what you think of it so far! I'd love to get some feedback.

Love the mountain s style.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    Love the mountain s style.
    Thanks, Azelor!

I've finished the mountains, hills, and forests. Here's what I got so far:

Erana.jpg

Added the forests, (also, I put in the compass to procrastinate...). Anyway here's the map:

Erana.jpg

What do you think?

Very nice so far! I'm a huge fan of those mountains, simply splendid.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I finished the typography and iconography. I am essentially finished, except for a few small changes I might make. Here's the map:

Erana.jpg

Hope you like it!

I didn't like so much the first map, especially because of this triple line contouring the continent.

Nevermind, the new map of your world is beautiful ! I like B&W maps, and this one would be taken as a reference.
    It's highly legible, and I'm particularly fond of those mountains: the style appears straightforward (and it contributes to the general readability), but I guess it's not easy to put in.

Congratulations very nice work ! I'm pretty fan ^^

Really? I liked the minimalist style of the first map. It looked sort of dwarvish. But he's clearly stepping things up a bit with the new map.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldrin View Post
    I didn't like so much the first map, especially because of this triple line contouring the continent.

Nevermind, the new map of your world is beautiful ! I like B&W maps, and this one would be taken as a reference.
    It's highly legible, and I'm particularly fond of those mountains: the style appears straightforward (and it contributes to the general readability), but I guess it's not easy to put in.

Congratulations very nice work ! I'm pretty fan ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by acrsome
    Really? I liked the minimalist style of the first map. It looked sort of dwarvish. But he's clearly stepping things up a bit with the new map.
    Thank you two. I am glad you like the digital style map. I made the hand-drawn one a while ago, so not only is it not accurate according to my world's history, it could have been improved a little. But of course, the style of the hand-drawn map can stand on its own well enough.

I'm glad you like the map!

Hey LC

Nice map overall, and like everyone else I rather like the mountains.

I'm not very keen on the coastline, though. It does seem to be rather pixelated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast