Thread: City of Geldirth (Commission)

Map City of Geldirth (Commission)

Geldirth 3000.png
    A commission completed for serena221, the city of Geldirth. I first did a rough sketch, then inked and added details to the map. After scanning them in I went about digitally altering them to add some colours in a watercolour style, to make it easy to differentiate basic buildings, landmarks, water, etc. I am generally happy with how it turned out, though city maps prove much more labour intensive than regional or continent maps!
    Dungeon master, World Builder, and Mapmaker.
    Taking Commissions
    View my Portfolio
    Contact me at greendinomaps@gmail.com

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

City maps and buildings are definitely harder to draw than any other type. This came out really well.

Thanks! I think I would have liked to put more detail in, but with the sheer number of basic buildings. I did gray scale for my scan to get cleaner lines, but that meant I had to hand paint all the colors in gimp rather than use the fill tool.
    Taking Commissions
    View my Portfolio

Impressive! I appreciate that the roads are not perfectly aligned or straight.

It makes the whole thing feel more organic.

I played a lot of city skylines and perfect grids (all the time) never look right to me. Truth be told much of the road layout was provided by the client, though I did modify them a bit to make it work better.
    Taking Commissions
    View my Portfolio