Thread: Mythical Creatures Accreditation Office

Default Mythical Creatures Accreditation Office

A couple of months ago, when I discovered the Cartographers' Guild, I immediately wanted to enter a challenge. The theme for CG April 2014 Lite Challenge was „Mapping a government building or compound“, and I was impatient to join the ride. I drew a fair share of RPG dungeons in my life, but this time I wanted to try something different; so I chose an Egyptian themed piece, with a humorous twist – depicting divine bureaucracy, with long queues of creatures waiting to be inscribed in the holy books (for a fee, of course). I have to admit, I had better idea how to make papyrus sheet from the plant stripes than in Photoshop, but I managed it ok. Linework is completed in Adobe Illustrator, then pasted on my PS papyrus. To make the picture believable (and because I obsess over historical details), I spent some time learning basic Egyptian grammar and hieroglyphs, which was really fun (although, I took some artistic liberty).

Eventually, I was late for the challenge. But I enjoyed the whole experience very much!
    Attached Images Attached Images