Thread: Veligrane, my world map attempt

Map Veligrane, my world map attempt

I'm no artist by any means, i've been working on this for quite some time and i'm looking for critiques and advices to improve.

I've used StarRaven Sketchy Cartography Brushes (don't know if i'm allowed to link it but seems polite to mention it) to give shape to the forests and the mountain ranges and then i've kept modifying them until i was satisfied. The rivers and the crater i've drawn them myself, kinda proud of that.
    I made it thinking it should fit a paper size A3.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DVpmG9W.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	112395

Looks better with background.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gv5ELr0.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	4.69 MB 
ID:	112396

Also the labels are in italian.
    Last edited by RGoodman; 01-02-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Beautiful! I really like the writing style - it gives the map great character.

My only criticism is that the wave pattern on the lakes is a bit too busy. I thought at first they were forests until I looked more closely.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanCR View Post
    Beautiful! I really like the writing style - it gives the map great character.

My only criticism is that the wave pattern on the lakes is a bit too busy. I thought at first they were forests until I looked more closely.
    Thanks for the input, you're right, especially with all the empty plains. I'll try to tone it down a little.

Also i've been trying without much success to figure out a way to give the plains some fill without it getting ambiguous with the swamp (palude).

Oh, another Italian comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Impesio View Post
    Oh, another Italian comrade
    Indeed my friend, i gave that away immediatly.
    I would've changed the labels to english so that it would fit better in an international forum like this, but i spent quite some time getting the positioning right.