Thread: The Isle-state of Ceyron

Map The Isle-state of Ceyron

Janston here,

I hope you're all doin' well. Attached to this post is my first finished work after learning some new tricks on the ol' YouTube. I owe it all to RPGMapMaker, Ascension and Kindari for the knowledge that they were willing to share publicly.

Anywhoo...

Several years ago I set out to build a world of my own as a means of generating characters, locations and storylines for the games that I design. (I mainly design table top games nowadays, but have previously worked in the videogame industry). This map is of Ceyron, a sub-continental mass to the West of the continent of Vensai, the first setting I intend to finish. I am planning taking a small chunk of this map and trying my hand at city-level works next, but first I'd love it if the guild ruthlessly criticized this before I move on.

Thank you in advance for having a look.

Have a great day!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi there Janston, congrats on you first finished work (post tutorials anyway)! Colors are and textures are good. I think you might have some issues with some of your rivers though. From what I understand, delta's aside rivers flowing down-hill merge together, they don't break apart (there are some exceptions, such as a river temporarily splitting apart to flow on either side of a small island before merging back together). But overall a nice first map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thank you for the feedback, Arsheesh.

I'm glad you brought up the rivers, as I was second and third guessing them. I have them on their own layer, so I'll be able to revise them with the quickness. I'll give it another pass and post an update.

Thanks again!

Thank you for the feedback, Arsheesh. I appreciate it greatly.

I am glad you brought up the rivers. Prior to posting Ceyron, I was second guessing them along with the mountains and snow details. I have the rivers on their own layer and will have another go at it. I'll post an update once I finish.

Thanks again! I'm thrilled to be posting here.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected darcycardinal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Janston View Post
    Janston here,

I hope you're all doin' well. Attached to this post is my first finished work after learning some new tricks on the ol' YouTube. I owe it all to RPGMapMaker, Ascension and Kindari for the knowledge that they were willing to share publicly.

Anywhoo...

Several years ago I set out to build a world of my own as a means of generating characters, locations and storylines for the games that I design. (I mainly design table top games nowadays, but have previously worked in the videogame industry). This map is of Ceyron, a sub-continental mass to the West of the continent of Vensai, the first setting I intend to finish. I am planning taking a small chunk of this map and trying my hand at city-level works next, but first I'd love it if the guild ruthlessly criticized this before I move on.

Thank you in advance for having a look.

Have a great day!
    Good work Janston, clear and crisp. Will be following this project further, as working on city level is fun.

-darcycardinal
    Fabled Maps Cartography - Facebook Page - Click HERE
    Map Project "New Richmond" - Newest Update 10, Sept 5 - Click HERE
    New Richmond Sketch-update - Newest Update 2, Sept 8 - Click HERE