Thread: An archipelago map for an adults-only furry game with sailing and exploration

Map An archipelago map for an adults-only furry game with sailing and exploration

!!!This is for an adults-only furry game with uncensored sex; While you are do not have to see or experience the actual sex for the map work, the reference material do contain anthropomorphic characters and nudity!!!

The game is viewed from third person and features stylized but very high fidelity realistic style, but the game map would be more a "cloth map" style and this is where player would also travel around in (when not visiting any of the islands).

What kind of a world is it?
    It's an archipelago called as Skiir, named after a god-dragon (bigger than mountains) but ruled by a smaller dragon called as the Illustrious King. It is a monarchy of sorts with princes and princesses, royal families, and inheritance of titles, though falls more towards a "navalcracy" with the ruling arm of the Illustrious King being a massive war fleet, the Dragonfire Fleet.

It's not per se a bad place to live in, but the inhabitants have very little say in ruling and laws. And the seas are pretty much ruled by two group of pirates; The Dragonfire Fleet (royal fleet) and The Scraven Pirate (not the royal fleet), so you basically just pick between two poisons if you want to go out into the sea

The world is approximately technologically around golden age of sailing ships with some cowboy styles mixed in with the naval themes.

What is needed?
    A full map of an archipelago with 3 major islands (with dozen or so points of interest each), 6-9 minor islands (with a few points of interest each), and filler islands (no points of interest) to give more meat to the areas.

Design of world economy (optimally included in the main map as markings or notes); Trade routes, trade goods, and production.

Design of faction map (could be included in the main map); Areas controlled by the major factions, and potential minor factions hoping to gain foothold.

In delivery of the finished map; The points of interests would be on a separate layer and underneath would be a clean map with only the landscape and similar features. We would then map the points of interests into polygons and enable those as player explores the map.

A compass that would way or another embody a dragon theme.

City/town maps are not required, but the locations on maps should highlight some important features of the city/town.

Style?
    We're looking for fairly detailed handdrawn map with natural colors; We're not looking for a realistic or modern looking map. I'm not sure what the right world for it, but the features would be partially from the side, with perhaps a little bit of perspective to them (I guess this is how most RPG maps are?).

Physical size of the map?
    I'm not sure exactly here, but major islands would be 2-4 "screens" per direction, the minor islands maybe 1-2 "screens", and the filler islands 0.5-1 "screens", and then quite a bit of water in between. Optimally the islands would be separate from the sea and have transparency fade into the background sea, so that we can scale the distances between islands to fit the gameplay itself. The screens definition is basically how it would be displayed on screen with no zoom, so it would be at minimum sharp pixel by pixel in a 1080 pixel vertical monitor resolution.

Time constraints?
    Not a rush, but optimally complete within two months, with first drafts out in couple of weeks.

Copyright?
    We need all rights to reuse and/or adjust as we see fit in all games related to Hunt and Snare IP. The map and design would still be credited to you and you could use it as a portfolio piece, but without rights to use it commercially.

Payment?
    Note: We do not know what kind of pricing custom maps generally have and thus do not know how much we should budget to it. Preferably it would be somewhere around 1000 usd, paid in two steps (e.g. 1/4 for draft, and rest before getting the full resolution finished map). If you believe the map is too expensive to make for our budget, then make a suggestion and we'll see if we can scrounge it up

Contact?
    Please send your portfolio (preferably with selected pieces of maps directly linked that would best describe a style fitting for our game!) and estimation of your price to rufflenecks{[.athere})}gmail.com

Color map, this big, this detailed with full rights and delivered in two month time... A thousand dollars is quite a sum but you're pretty short for the work you ask for if I may.

I guess you are aiming for at least a 4k map or 6k , full paint are very time consuming plus full rights are also much more expensive than a use licence .

Hur hur navel themes hee hee seamen.

I sent an email since my most relevant map isn't in the portfolio yet (it's a beauty though–an archipelago full of ships!). I just got finished with a $2400 map project (alas I was only doing half the work, $1200 of that went to the historian researching and getting the accurate thingies!) and the whole thing took a YEAR to wrap up. But my part of the art only took a month and a half, ish, and it could have been shorter. Depends on the project, really, I'd say a minimum turnaround of a month for something of this scale not because it takes me that long to draw it, but because the inevitable back and forth takes that long. It's feasible for me to do a piece of that size that fast, but then, my work isn't as high quality as your painting, Namia.

On that note, back to work. (whistles) My queue, it is real, and my job, it is fantasy maps. And my morality, it is not offended by dragon peen...

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Color map, this big, this detailed with full rights and delivered in two month time... A thousand dollars is quite a sum but you're pretty short for the work you ask for if I may.
    I sadly don't know how long it takes to make, so I tried to give some kind of a time frame and budget so people know what to expect. Though, quality is obviously more important for us than saving money and time

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    I guess you are aiming for at least a 4k map or 6k , full paint are very time consuming plus full rights are also much more expensive than a use licence .
    Probably going to be bigger than that, but for the islands themselves it's probably fairly close if you ignore the sea between

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Hur hur navel themes hee hee seamen.

I sent an email since my most relevant map isn't in the portfolio yet (it's a beauty though–an archipelago full of ships!). I just got finished with a $2400 map project (alas I was only doing half the work, $1200 of that went to the historian researching and getting the accurate thingies!) and the whole thing took a YEAR to wrap up. But my part of the art only took a month and a half, ish, and it could have been shorter. Depends on the project, really, I'd say a minimum turnaround of a month for something of this scale not because it takes me that long to draw it, but because the inevitable back and forth takes that long. It's feasible for me to do a piece of that size that fast, but then, my work isn't as high quality as your painting, Namia.

On that note, back to work. (whistles) My queue, it is real, and my job, it is fantasy maps. And my morality, it is not offended by dragon peen...
    Yeah, back and forth might take more time, especially as I'd like the cartographer to design some of the faction <-> aspects, but additional pricing on that can be discussed then

Also, just wanted to update on this; We'll be waiting for a week or so before going through the commission applications and picking one. I couldn't help my curiousity though, and there's some really good samples people have sent

Quote Originally Posted by ruhveli View Post
    Also, just wanted to update on this; We'll be waiting for a week or so before going through the commission applications and picking one. I couldn't help my curiousity though, and there's some really good samples people have sent
    There are some incredible artists on the guild and the price you're offering is sure to attract the best of them!

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by ruhveli View Post
    I sadly don't know how long it takes to make, so I tried to give some kind of a time frame and budget so people know what to expect. Though, quality is obviously more important for us than saving money and time

Probably going to be bigger than that, but for the islands themselves it's probably fairly close if you ignore the sea between

Yeah, back and forth might take more time, especially as I'd like the cartographer to design some of the faction <-> aspects, but additional pricing on that can be discussed then
    Thanks, in case I send u mail.

Hello! Topic can be marked away and closed. We've gotten what we came in for ^^