Thread: New DM taking interest in maps!

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default New DM taking interest in maps!

Hey everyone!

My name is Jason, I have been playing D&D for some time now, and have recently started DMing for a great group of players!

I have been working on a fantasy world for a while now and have just gotten into making maps.

I really want to reward my players for how invested they've already become in the game, and into RPing their characters, so I am making a large, somewhat detailed map of my world and will be finished off smaller, more detailed maps of the provinces as my players explore them.

I've never been much of an artist and have never really taken a keen interest in drawing until I started this, and I'm really enjoying it. I'll be posting a thread in the near future when my overall map is finished. I'm hoping at that time I can get some feedback so that my smaller maps can be even better. Very excited to have found Cartographer's Guild!

Cheers

Hello Jason, and welcome to the Guild

Whether you are looking for inspiration or advice - the Guild is the place.

Looking forward to seeing a few of your maps

Welcome to the Guild Jason. You might want to start posting Work in Progress versions of your 1st map so people can give you advice as your technique develops.
    For your games, there are quite a few of us who do game battlemaps that you might find useful. What version of D&D do you play? Try doing a search for specific Adventure modules, many of them have been mapped.

Hi Jason! I'm a newbie and a DM/GM too. I got much of my start designing rpg world maps for my own campaigns...which I still LOVE to do. I've found so many helpful people here in the guild, and I'm sure you will too!