Thread: Greetings from Ohio

Default Greetings from Ohio

Hullo everyone. I just joined the site and am in the process of browsing around. Seems like a great resource and I'm looking forward to learning what I can.

A friend and I are working on publishing some gaming material and there are two main reasons I've joined this site. First is to learn what I can about mapmaking. Any recommendations on tutorial threads and program suggestions to someone who's new to digital cartography would be greatly appreciated. Since my own skills aren't currently sufficient for what we want, I'm also looking to commission some maps for our projects. If there's a particular protocol for going about doing so on the site please let me know. Just not sure where to start.

Thanks!

Hi, and welcome!

Firstly, we've got a whole area dedicated to Tutorials and Mapmaking guides. This post is a good start (not sure what software you're using, so can't be more specific). There are also a bunch of PDF tutorials that you can download.

If you'd like to commission someone to make a map, we've got a folder for that too. I highly recommend reading this comment before you post. It outlines the sort of info artists need to asses your request.

I hope you can find what you need, but if you're looking for more specific advice, just ask.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Welcome Aixelsyd, I to am from Ohio, now currently living in Northern Kentucky but working downtown Cincinnati. There are a few other members from Ohio as well, notably Robbie who is the one who keeps this site running smoothly. Lots of great tutorials and advice here, Welcome aboard.

Very helpful. Thank you.