Thread: City Map - style of Harn RPG maps

Wip City Map - style of Harn RPG maps

Hi
    Just working on a city map in the style of the maps from the Harn RPG setting. I am using MS-Paint and Paint.net.

This is a city on the edge of a desert. I have no idea where.

Thanks
    Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice work! The city design is great, very believable.
    If you can do that with paint, you should try out GIMP, which has similar capabilities to photoshop.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I agree with Josiah, that is a very well done layout.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I love it, the map looks great. I would say it might be visually pleasing and more usable if there is some labels of what some of the buildings actually are, where the market district is, etc. That would give us a better picture of the city's personality if you will.

I also think the water might look more pleasing if you used a gradient to represent water, or perhaps have a polygon of a darker blue to show where the water gets deeper.

Also, I am curious if there is anything outside the town walls? Any crevasses, or watchtowers or outposts?

Just ideas! I look forward to the finished version!

I always liked those Harn maps so to see others in the same style is nice.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Quote Originally Posted by David South View Post
    I love it, the map looks great. I would say it might be visually pleasing and more usable if there is some labels of what some of the buildings actually are, where the market district is, etc. That would give us a better picture of the city's personality if you will.

I also think the water might look more pleasing if you used a gradient to represent water, or perhaps have a polygon of a darker blue to show where the water gets deeper.

Also, I am curious if there is anything outside the town walls? Any crevasses, or watchtowers or outposts?

Just ideas! I look forward to the finished version!
    Gradients? With MS-Paint and PAINT.net? I suppose it is possible I have not done anything on this for a while but will be doing a version with labels and will try to do something about the water.