Thread: [WIP] The Continent of Luxos

Guild Novice

Wip [WIP] The Continent of Luxos

Good day to you all.

Now that THW has finished his outstanding map of Pyrus (available here if you wish to view it), I have decided that it would be worth it to try and clear some time to try my hand at mapping. For my very first project, it will be a map of the continent on which my previous D&D campaign took place. I already have a general layout of the land made in AutoREALM, as well as a map with my first attempt at making the mountain range. The continent looks more or less as follows:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Luxos.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	71151

The rectangular strongholds are dwarvern cities, the larger metropolis-like icons are human cities, and the flat villages are elven settlements. The map I have done so far is a rendition of the continent in the past when a land bridge still connected the mainland of Luxos to the island where Luxos Vetus stands. It appears as follows:

Name:	Luxos Terrainv1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	202.0 KB 
ID:	71152

I have been following RobaA's tutorial more or less word for word so as to familiarize myself with the program. My main concern with the map thus far is the Litha mountain range (the only one currently present) and how it ends at the coastline. I have yet to find a transition that I find suitable for the range. Where the mountains meet the coast, there is meant to be cliff faces as a result of old magical battles fought in the mountains. If anyone has any ideas as to how I could better represent this on the map, any comment would be appreciated.

Have a wonderful day!
    Shadire
    "All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination." -Earl Nightingale

Guild Novice

I have located my map of Luxos from the past age. It is as follows

Name:	Luxos 114 FA.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	71153

The tribal icons in the north represent the various human tribes. The tower-like icons in the south are dwarvern cities, and the triangles are elven settlements.

Shadire
    "All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination." -Earl Nightingale