Thread: Kindari style map

Hey everyone,

This is a map I made for an upcoming campaign. It is unmarked, because I have not finished the campaign setting yet...

Anyway, I included a small bevel on the land, and am not sure if I should keep it or not. Maybe I will post the one without the bevel. Let me know, as you guys are much more in tune with map aesthetics than I am. Let me know what you all think.

Esenjay

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shadow of a Blood Moon2.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	818.2 KB 
ID:	72856

Here is the version with no land bevel. BTW, the black lines are political boundaries.

Esenjay

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shadow of a Blood Moon3.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	817.8 KB 
ID:	72857
    Last edited by - Max -; 04-20-2015 at 04:20 PM. Reason: double post merging

I definitely like the one without the land bevel. Also the ocean reef around the continents should not be even all the way around with steep drop offs and soft slopes. Like the coloring a lot.

Thanks for the input. I agree about the land bevel, I am trying to use the bevel to enhance the depth, but it is clearly overstated here. I keep adjusting the numbers, but have not come up with settings I like yet.

The reef is more of a continental shelf really. Again, it is overstated and too uniform. I did quite a bit of randomizing when I worked on this layer, but clearly not enough. I will keep muddling my way through...

Again, thanks for the input - as a new guy I appreciate the criticism.

Esenjay