Thread: Deluxe Day & Night City Rooftop Tile Set for RPG

Default Deluxe Day & Night City Rooftop Tile Set for RPG

Hello Everyone. I have a small business as a solo artist making tiles, tokens and boards for RPG's and have created a double-sided rooftop tile set on Kickstarter for chase scenes, thieves guilds, rogues, villains, vampires, street urchins, lookouts and more.

Rooftop Set Sample 2 Photo.jpg

The concept is to allow a large set of varied types of rooftop to be laid down to form a physical representation of a town/city with the user either creating planks/ladder tiles to bridge the buildings and create pathways for thieves/rogues/assassins etc to traverse or pledge to my project to unlock individual timber/ladder tiles for this purpose. Each tile is reversible allowing a day and night scene for RPG adventures and can be added to via different tiles/cards to create a world for exciting chases and pursuits, exploits and escapes, simultaneously allowing action to occur on the tiled rooftops above and cobbled streets below. The tiles have been designed to maximise potential for story-telling, including multiple access/exit points, chokepoints for ambushes, elevated positions for spying, poorer district derelict buildings, stately manor side homes and city garden vs the seedier red light district, wharf-front dock and pub, thieves guild,very dark alleys/streets and even a house on fire to add more exciting plot elements.

I am posting here because I want to learn more about cartography and hone my skills in terms of architecture, realism and style as well as to showcase my artwork which is viewable in the UPDATES section of the campaign.

Deluxe Rooftop Set Link

If you're looking for new or more Rooftop Tiles for your RPG games, please take a look. But I am primarily interested in sharing what I have done with this community.
    Thank you. Comments welcomed.

Kind Regards,
    Kris

Welcome to the guild Kris! Great idea for a kickstarter. The art looks very good.

Banned User

Hi Kris, welcome to the Guild! This looks very nice, and I see your initial kickstarter goal is already passed, so congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Welcome to the guild Kris! Great idea for a kickstarter. The art looks very good.
    Thanks Bogie, the campaign has been a lot of fun and I've learned a lot, both about Kickstarter and architecture - but I am sure I will pick up many valuable tips here for future campaigns.

Hi Chick - yes it has now made almost 3x the initial goal - which is great, and people seem to have really been keen to get their hands on a Rooftop Tile Set for RPG for a while now - so I'm glad I was able to provide - its been a lot of work. Especially since it is double-sided but its just 11 days now and unless I get a massive surge toward the end, all of the artwork is nearly done.