Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Birthday notifications?

Default Birthday notifications?

Hey everyone, this may be a silly question, but it has been bothering me for a while now. Also, I'm not entirely sure in what sub-forum I should ask this question, so if this is the wrong place, please move the thread.

Every now and then when I leave a visitor message on someone's profile, I see all kinds of birthday wishes for that person. Obviously I'd like to wish all the kind members of the CG community a happy birthday, but I simply don't know when their birthdays are. Is there a notification setting that I haven't turned on, or some birthday page that I'm not aware of? Or should I simply mark everyone's birthday's on my calendar?

Thank you in advance!

All you have to do is click the "Forum" tab and scroll ALL the way down to the bottom. You'll find a bit there which tells you a whole bunch of site statistics, including birthday announcements.

It only works, though, if you make your birthday public.

Don't worry - you don't have to give the year!

Alright, now I'm feeling even more stupid. my birthday date and age are public, I've scrolled all the way down, and see this:
    Schermafbeelding 2017-10-06 om 09.52.38.png

I assume it should be with those statistics, right? I still don't see it...

I guess that's just because today is nobody's birthday. Your screenshot shows the right place.

I see, well that answers my question, thanks!

I'm sorry Daniel - I've got this really funny image of you eagerly checking the details each day now till you see what it looks like for someone to actually have a birthday

(Don't worry - I do it all the time just in case I miss one of my friends' B-days )

I wouldn't mind putting together a birthday list...
    maybe like a sticky post that people can add to and I could keep updating the first post to include all of the new submissions.
    Or, anyone could take on collecting the dates. Doesn't have to be me.
    I have had the exact same experience as Dan, though I did know where it said about birthdays.
    I wonder if Robbie or Red could easily compile a list from the database... ?

How about having a birthday calendar - one with a tab of its own, so it doesn't get in the way of all the other daily site business?

Or perhaps a pop up window that happens the first time you log in each day, showing birthdays for that day?
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Blog Entries

These things are issues for vBulletin rather than admins of the site. Whilst it is technically possible to access the raw database - because we do it for the WIP pages - its rather hard. The calendar hardly ever gets used so by all means put your birthday into it. But the site should say happy birthday to a list of people at the bottom. You dont get any notice for the next day tho.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast