Thread: Science Vessel

Default Science Vessel

I've wasted many hours with Stellaris lately and decided to imagine what one of the science vessels from my last game might look like. Also I wanted to try a different genre and see how quickly I can do something decent.

The ship silhouette style is based on the look of the anthropoid ships from the game as that is the ship style the civilisation was using. Same with the name and flag/emblem.

I didn't bother putting labels on it - too lazy. =P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	endeavourscienceship.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	360.5 KB 
ID:	104427  
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Guild Apprentice

I love Stellaris, and the style of your ship is great!

One issue I have with this is that pretty much all sea/air/spacefaring vessels are designed with an extreme economy of space. Most things have at least 2 uses, sometimes more, so the big spaces between rooms kind of bother me. Unless this is just a single level of the ship?

Either way this is just a thing for me, by no means does it actually apply to your ships!

I didn't really bother going for a hard sci-fi approach to the layout as Stellaris seems to take a nod at things right across the sci-fi genre anyway so in this case, economy of space is less an issue.

There is a second lower deck I didn't bother drawing - it would be an access deck with airlock and ramp or whatever, that you get to via an elevator and access shaft (in the room just above the engine room).
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    I didn't really bother going for a hard sci-fi approach to the layout as Stellaris seems to take a nod at things right across the sci-fi genre anyway so in this case, economy of space is less an issue.

There is a second lower deck I didn't bother drawing - it would be an access deck with airlock and ramp or whatever, that you get to via an elevator and access shaft (in the room just above the engine room).
    You're right of course, I was just pointing out my thoughts

Like I said though I love the style, and the layout seems to make a lot of sense!

Nice work on this and great to see something new from you.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Hey, Larb doing sci-fi! Pretty cool .
    And your clean line art make the function of the rooms obvious, no real need for labels, then .

Splendid piece, Larb! Linework is nice as always, and I agree with Ilanthar, it's very easy to understand what each room is for, so nicely done (: