Thread: New member reporting!

Default New member reporting!

Hi! My name is Maciej. I found this site while searching for some tutorials on map making. I planned to sketch a map for a short story I was writing, but as I like to get realistic even about fantasy maps, what was to be a simple sketch turned into woldbuilding project

Good day!

Hi, welcome to the guild!

A "simple sketch" is a ridiculous idea, I think most storytellers tend to find out, haha

I bought some sketchbooks last year, but can't just do simple drawings in any of them. They fill up with stories somehow.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guild Journeyer Impractical Cartographer's Avatar

Welcome Maciej!

A może raczej: witaj Macieju.

Default Hello, new member... new GM for a D&D 5e adventure.

Hello,

I have been playing with a group of friends/relatives D&D 5e (in the Forgotten Realms) for about two years. It is now my turn to GM. I hope this site can inspire me with some ideas for my adventure. The party has left Port Narazu on the northern tip of the Chult peninsula and currently travelling across the Shiny Seas to Calimport (on a noble quest sponsored by a Lizardfolk Druid to free his tribes stolen members from slavery). While there are plenty of world map and some city maps to draw upon, I am currently on the ocean/underwater part of the adventure and am looking for islands and aquatic themed maps of merfolk villages, Islands with pirate treasure, Sahuagin infested dungeons and sunken temples dedicated to dark powers. I look forward browsing this site for inspiration.

Thanks,
    Andrew