Thread: December Entry: Tmonkey's Pirate Caves

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post December Entry: Tmonkey's Pirate Caves

okay, count me in. create a pirate cave system in under 4 hours? perfect. how can i lose?

watch this thread in the future ladies and gents. prepare to be wowwed.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah tm...every time you enter a challenge, you end up buggign out early because you ran out of time or couldn't dedicate enough time...This time, there's no excuses...4 hrs you can handle!
    Fantaseum (https://www.fantaseum.com)

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Post Isla de los Muertos

okay, you got me there. i've been thinking, looking at some places, and i think i'll plan on this one being an island in the caribbean, with a spanish fortress and a fleet of ships with a series of sea caves. i'm doing the planning stages for it right now, but i intend to have the caves done, as well as a fort with a small town mapped out as well. i think i can do that in 4 hours. no problem.

Map

okay, so here is the planning map for Isla de los Muertos. this was done in about a half hour just so i could get the ideas down that i wanted for the overview. its hard for me just to do a map of a series of caves if i don't at least know where they are and have that in my head first.

one trip to google earth later, i had an island i was happy with. now on to the caves. i'm just wondering, does this count as prep time?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Until you submit your final map, everything is prep time

Until you or anyone submits their "final map" - everything is prep work. I foresee drawing a dozen different cave plans to help me decide which do I want to choose for final layout, as well as a dozen different islands. Once I decide this is the cave system I plan to use, with a particular island and coastal region, then I will redraw everything in the alotted time frame of 4 hours.

TM - this looks like prep work only, so it shouldn't count against your actual mapping time frame, not at all.

I'm not participating to shoot for a "win" so much as to see if I can create a plauseable, useable and fun pirate cave map in a four hour period. I want to see what's possible in a 4 hour period.

I actually hope someone else wins!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Terrainmonkey - A trip to Google Earth?! Where is the originality?

Gamerprinter - Spoken as if you consider yourself the default winner unless you choose not to try? Mmmmm...

And drawing a map start to finish in four hours is VERY different than sketching some dozen and then choosing your best to move into final development.