Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Kingdom of Lichtheim - Commission

Great map ! I love your more fantastic maps ! The illustrations are top notch, especially the coat of arms (I love the octopus too) and the texture plus the light coloring of the sea work very well together.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Fantastic map! Great use of the parchment aesthetic. All the elements, mountains, rivers, etc "mesh" really well with the base texture. The muted coloring is good, and the line work is generally crisp and easy to read. Personally, I would have liked a closer grouping of the trees, more clustered. I generally like the demarcation between wooded and open areas to be more pronounced. But this may have been a specification of the commission? I would also have liked a very slight dark green hue to the trees themselves, but of course still have them fit the overall desaturated look. Other than this, I have no constructive criticism to offer. Great job, keep at it!
    Last edited by Daelin; 02-01-2017 at 12:54 PM.

I agree with Daelin about the trees, but overall, beautiful map.

Awesome map, Daniel!

I actually disagree about the trees, I think they are perfect how they are now.

A beautiful map as usual, Dan. I especially love the landshapes on this one, they have a very natural feel to them and are just somehow very pleasant to look at. I personally think the parchment texture gets a little too red-ish around the corners, but other than that, a splendid map.

Will rep if I can!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelin View Post
    Personally, I would have liked a closer grouping of the trees, as in more clustered. I generally like the demarcation between wooded and open areas to be very pronounced. But this may have been a specification of the commission? I would also have like a very slight dark green hue to the trees themselves, but of course still have them fit overall desaturated look.
    Get out of my head ^^
    I didn't mention it in my first post, but in almost all circumstances, i agree very much with what Daelin says here. Especially the denser grouping but i also second the coloration remark.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Thank you very much for you comments everyone! Very much appreciated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12