Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
I think you should put some forts and settlements in near the southeast corner. That's a wide-open avenue of attack into what looks like good farmland. Someone's going to want to control that.

And have you been reading Robin Hobb? Shaman's Crossing is the name of the next book on my reading list.
Yeah I've read her books. They're really great....except for the soldier son trilogy (in which shamans crossing is one of the books), honestly I thought it was crap. But I like the name :-)

When it comes to the area called the green sea, which is an area of big grassy plains, it is controlled by different nomadic tribes. Travelling back and forth over the area. That is also where the shamans comes in as they are part of the tribes. Shamans crossing is a trading post for doing business with the different tribes. The name shamans crossing it has because it’s close to Shamans valley which probably is a holy religious place for the nomads. So the “unprotected” area down south east is actually part of a nomadic “kingdom”. Which means that it is quite well protected.