Full update...

The main thing, aside from having completed most of the labelling (I have a Duchy and about 20 Counties still to label up), is a test city icon. I am somewhat stumped as to what I should use, but the traditional circle (ring denoted a fortified city) is so common probably because it works well. I'm up for suggestions though. I also feel like, if I go in this direction with my city icon I should probably come up with a better solution for a town solution and a fortress solution.

Lingon, I hear you on the metallic issue... I really aren't sure what to use; I really want to incorporate the star design, but the satellite-photo style of the map means any sort of traditional artistic map rose won't really work either. Perhaps a toned back version of the existing one; a black silhouette or something?

Eventually I'll add some sort of cartouche and/or border areas with map information, key, and the city enlargements, so perhaps if the rose adheres to the style of the other elements it will fit a bit better...

I really now that the thread title is misleading as I've somewhat put aside my regional map of the Terra Patria sub-continent and instead am focusing on this region here, so I thought a bit of information:

The map depicts the medieval kingdom of Terrador, at the end of the 11th Century of the Sundering, at the outbreak of the Sleeping Wars.

Following the Sundering of the Terran Republic, the former provinces of what would become Terrador experienced their own isolated wars of independence, and eventually seven distinct kingdoms emerged; Belandia, Havar, Provos, Valerium, Sangarter, Estansi, and Cordell.

In the 740th year of the Sundering the King of Cordell died without heir, and his sister's son; the Saegardian Duke Edmé Arthusien of Cerloux, crossed the Firth of Carrow and Tambre to claim the throne. Over the following six years, Arthusien conquered Provos, Havar and Valerium, weakened by a Samulian conquest from the east which had claimed Belandia already. Arthusien established the new kingdom of Terrador; named for the Rhunic word for the region between the Shattered Marches and the Rift of the World. To placate his new subjects, Arthusien adopted the Cordellian regnal name "Arafus", and changed his family name to Carlen, establishing a dynasty that would continue to rule the lands east of the Marches for centuries, gradually expanding their territory to swallow the kingdoms of Sangarter and Estansi before wrestling Belandia Plateau from the Samulian Empire.

Arafus Carlen's conquest of the Terradorian Kingdoms, completed by his son Farius I, forged a new, powerful Kingdom in the heart of Terra Patria, and thus he is known by the nickname "the Hammer".

Terrador Update.jpg