Quote Originally Posted by Veldehar View Post
Speaking of projections... if you haven't checked it out yet, a cool little freebie from NASA. Handy little thing.

http://www.giss.nasa.gov/tools/gprojector/

It does look handy. I'll try it and see if it helps my horrible little map.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
Isn't it possible to squeeze an equirectangular projection in a square ? I don't know if it's possible but Hai-Etlik surely knows about this ...
Huh?

The easiest way is to make the submoon orbit the larger moon. If it's the smaller moon, well let's just say that the submoon would be more like an asteroid. And it would be hard to see it from the planet (I guess).I know it's possible but I haven't been into the details. I bought a astrophysic simulator called Universe sandbox on Steam and it worked. It's possible to get arround this n body problem but Binary star systems are much more complicated...
Wouldn't that depend on the exact size of the moons? :s Does your simulator allow you to put in precise measurements? Can I borrow you to test my moon issues?

Moon T should be stable otherwise it would already have disappear. Either by crashing on moon C or to become the third moon of the planet.
From what I understood, that will always happen, eventually...

I already saw your map on another topic... So far, it seems fine to me. I have to admit I have a problem when it comes to world construction. I started with a region with no idea of the surrounding. Yet I find myself ''forced'' to fill the map because things like climates and plates does not make much sense if the world is empty.
Yeah... I start with more like.. a photograph of the area in my head. :/ I haven't even been successful with mapping a small region yet, lol.