Had some time over to practice coloring on this old map from December last year. However, as always with color, I end up unsure whether it's good or bad. So I turn towards you, dear guild, in hopes for some feedback

Personally, I like how the castle turned out. However, the remaining parts of the map I'm more uncertain about. Especially the grass and ground parts.
When it comes to the grass, I'm struggling with making such a large body of green come out good. In the two examples one is just plain green on texture, and one has some shadow and lights. However, I find that both is lacking something, but I just can't make it right or figure out what.
Concerning the ground part. Right now, the paper texture is doing all the talking, however, when I try to give it a less "sandy" feel It just become ... meh. Not certain if it works like this or not. In the second version I added some shadow coloring to the buildings.

Any suggestion or ideas how I could improve upon the coloring in this map would be greatly appreciated! Especially upon the two mentioned parts

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Tainotim

Bran Castle 2014 C.jpg Bran Castle 2014 c 2.jpg