Thread: Finished Map of the Forlorn Coast

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Map Hand Drawn Finished Map of the Forlorn Coast

This is my first map posting although it's been nearly 20 years since I last did a map. Looking at this site I'm certainly getting the itch again!

This map is a close up of a 'continental scale' map that I created for my Dungeons and Dragons campaign in the late 80s. The players particularly enjoyed this region so I drew a detailed map for them. it had plenty of scope for adventure as well as a backstory that acted as a foundation for the current politics. This was important as the characters were become powerful and establishing their own fiefs. Therefore I decided to do some quick brief's for each political entity

It is colour pencil and pen and took about two months around lectures in I think 1990. I spent a lot of time thinking about the names. I hate silly sounding names on maps but I'm sure a few slipped through!

I don't remember how I came up with the distinctive border but it resembles doodles I did at school. Some elements on the map are influenced or taken from a variety of sources. for example the font for 'the Forlorn Coast' is from the Lindisfarne Gospels.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/al...chmentid=75255

Hope you enjoy it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Konraw; 08-14-2015 at 07:29 PM. Reason: trying to add attachment rather than a link