This is a map I have been working on for the last ten days or so. It was an unpaid request here on the forum so I took it since it gives me perfect opportunity to get better and try out different things without also having to think up a world.(and drawing just some random land seems weird to me ) Since I got my Wacom tablet I've been having loads of issues with drawing in GIMP so I made this map in Krita. As much as drawing goes it is soo much better than GIMP in my opinion. But when it comes to borders and final touches it still lacks something.(or I just need to spend more time with it) For lettering I did use inkscape and GIMP since this i can do with a mouse and with ease.

Would like to get some feedback on the map if possible. Am not very satisfied with the town symbols I made but spent way too much time on it and at one point I had to decide on something. Also border of a map is something I cant do properly yet and am trying to learn how to make my own patterns that look nice in Krita. (side note: I spent some time searching but couldn't find a stroke selection option) So if anyone has some tips for that they are very welcome to share them with me

The two large landmasses are unknown land and even though it looks a bit weird that is how they are depicted. (could have maybe made the disappear into background color though...) Also had to make it smaller due to the upload size so if something looks a bit pixely that is the reason.

Anyway here is the map. Hope you guys like it.

Cheers,
Barek

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saryx_finished_small.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	3.07 MB 
ID:	77140