This map was done as a challenge to myself, as I set a goal for myself to finish it in a single night after I got off of work. This took me about four hours, which is the quickest I have ever finished a map. My process was to outline in Inkscape a map that I had sketched during a work meeting and then take it into GIMP for colors. I am still learning both GIMP and Inkscape, so if anyone has tips or tricks for either program I would love to hear them!

Regarding the icons, I wanted to try a map that wasn't covered in labels but was still understandable and usable. All the icons are from the people at http://game-icons.net/ who have so many free awesome icons that are released under a Creative Commons - Attribution license. The font is Lora from Google's OpenFont project.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lonely Isle.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	2.97 MB 
ID:	101922

Please feel free to give comments and criticisms, I am always looking to improve. So let me know what works and what doesn't!

This map is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. You can share it, change it, use it commercially, as long as you credit me. Please let me know if you use it, I would be excited to see what you do with it!