Hi everyone !

Here is my map for the June 2018 challenge : map a frontier

Usual informations :
- A4 size.
- Hand made in Photoshop CC2018 using a Cintiq 16 pro,
- WIP thread is here, where you'll find some explanations about the script and other minor things ^^

The complete title of the map in English would be something like "Map of the Most Important and Magic Pictograms on the Cliff of Medölinn", and my purpose was to focus on the cliff only.
The cliff is a part of my own fantasy world I started to create... hum... 18 years ago now..., and the countries the map is showing have a special place in my heart.

To make a long story short :
The Cliff of Medölinn is an artificial cliff which was raised by magic 9000 years ago by King Dar at the end of the War of the Keepers to protect the small territory of Musä (in the South) from a curse which was casted on the Empire of Thard (in the North). Covered with thousands (million ?) of magic pictograms of all size (some are several meters high, some are so tiny you can't read them with the naked eye, the cliff is an impassable frontier for anyone with bad intention towards Musä.
Although Musä belonged to the Empire of Thard, it now has its own culture : it's the country of the bards and a sanctuary for all, a green country of carelessness. The musän crystal, useful for bards, is the symbol of the country.
Sadly, the Empire of Thard, still cursed nowadays, was unable to find the peace even after thousands of years : the fertile land turned into a desert of black dust and rock, and several heirs of Dar have succeeded one another, unable to depose the immortal usurper sat on the throne for 6000 years, unable to defeat the curse, and keeping the country in a perpetual civil war.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FalaiseDeMusä_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	491 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	108174

I know it's a pretty unusual map, but I do hope you'll enjoy it !