Thread: Geidor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip

Finally! I kept looking at the map the past couple days and didn't feel like printing it, because it felt like it was missing something essential, first, so I finally caved and mapped out cities, roads, and sea lanes.

I'm still trying to find a good way to make them not so obtrusive without just lowering the opacity and washing them out. I might try a layer of white or black underneath each of the icons and then lower the opacity of the icons, but I don't know. Might not have time to try that until Saturday, so you might not hear from me again until then.

For now, though, here's the map with roads, cities, and sea lanes. I haven't labeled anything, yet, but that's the next step.
    Also, I finally found my error in the calculations for the scale (I think) does it look pretty close, assuming this is nearly all of an Earth-sized planet?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP A-0.7c 4000x2588 - Roads & Cities.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	3.56 MB 
ID:	15614

So do you all think I should print it now, just for fun, or label it first? I'm tempted to wait, since all that I feel like I'll do before declaring this finally, actually 'done' is label it. But I can be quite slow at names, sometimes. Well, at creating names I like, anyway. Though I do have a couple unused ideas lying about that can be re-purposed. Labeling might take me a couple weeks, especially knowing class starts back so soon.

-asp
    Last edited by altasilvapuer; 08-07-2009 at 12:10 PM.