Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
My first thought is that the trees are all too big and the mountains are spaced too far apart. I know that putting them closer together will result in overlap and create problems of its own. That's why it's better to draw your mountains in by hand instead of using brushes. It takes time to learn that skill so until you do you'll have to put your mountains on numerous layers and erase the parts that overlap...a process that will take almost as long as drawing them by hand. We use lots of professional words here and "squiggly" is a big one
An alternative to drawing totally by hand (which I recommend as good practice by the way.. see my sig link) Is to fins some brushes that have full color as part of the brush itself. Unfortunately, this leaves PS out since it's brushes all work as greyscale versions while GIMP allows full color brushes. Though I have not made a full map from scratch and posted, I have played around with a few brushes I made and you can quickly and easily get something nice as long as your willing to go back in and add a bit of clean up time after the fact. Eventually, I will get back to making up my mountains brush pack for GIMP.... perhaps it's time to start working on it again....