Thread: Looking to team up

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    1. What do you intend to do with the final product? Post it on a website? Send it to a publisher? If posted on a website, is there any existing stuff we can look at on the website?
    My apologies for my not thinking of these details ahead of time.

I do intend to Sell the Ship designs online. They will sell for between $3 and $8, depending on the size of the completed product. the ship I've included would sell for about $3.

2. I assume that this is not going to be paid work, but it's always nice to know . If it is going to be paid, then your take up might be a lot higher. You obviously don't need to discuss specifics of how much on this thread.
    Sorry, but you assume wrong. It will be paid. To whom ever I teem up with we can hash that over email.

3. Can you provide us with an example of your descriptions? Are you following a particular ship gen system? E.g. Fire, Fusion & Steel; Gurps; star wars rpg, etc. If so, what is it? Is there any deckplan artwork you have seen which you like or which is commonly published with the system you are using to generate your ship data (assuming it is a commercial system you are using)? If so, might be worth posting some examples.
    I've included a complete version of a ship I have made, it will be a sample ship that anyone can down load for the sales site as a freebie.

I'm using the rules for the d20 Future SRD with a few added components of my own. I also plan to have versions for t20 Traveller. I may have to look into Fire Fusion and Steel, I've never heard of it before. If its an OGL system with an SRD than I may also provide versions with those stats as well.

4. Could you tell us a bit more about why you want to do the project and what you hope to achieve with it? If there are mappers here with the same ambitions, then that will help to find a suitable match.
    For the love of the game. I love Sci-Fi RPG's. I play in a weekly traveller game that used the T20 rules. thats what started this hole thing for me. I made a ship for a friend that posted it the some traveller deck plan yahoo group and then I got flooded with people asking if I had others and how much I would charge for them.

The only complaint I've gotten is that my deck plans - while accurate to the rules - are rather bland. So thats why I'm here. I know there's some one that can make them really pop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Frontier Courier.pdf