Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
You are probably right, I tend to go big and end up with less

This would work for you because you are the designer of that section of map but what of others who might play in the Strand? Might they be doing things just the opposite of what you are? Then we would have two different histories. Regular old adventuring would be fine as stories for the backdrop of the map but anything that really shakes things up needs to be controlled or we will have a mess. For instance, kings being overthrown and major political events that contradict one another. At the very least I would think they need to pass "histories" on through you. Some will help some will hinder. Keep the former, chuck the later. I suppose you could toss adventure seeds out there for other gamers to use as a basis for their games and that would probably help keep things in line.

Is building more histories what is meant by making this into a living world or are we wanting more maps showing changes to cities/towns/regions?
I understand what you're saying there, but I think it's something that could be solved as easily as assigning a small (2-3) panel of judges to the project. Simply, adventures would have to be submitted and then approved before becoming canon. If you've ever looked at any of the Living Worlds over at EN World, that's about how they do it, though maybe slightly more overcomplicated.

Regardless, Redrobes is correct in that there should be more people making their impact on the world before any of it is a real issue.