Thread: [Award Winner ] Creating an old-school map in Gimp.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Realised after I'd posted this I should have more more helpful to all reading this - Apologies it was a really silly mistake on my part - I included the blue grid as part of the Walls layer as opposed to the background layer - hence my select all problem. However one new thing has occurred and I just cant seem to find a way back:

Once I've done the Fuzzy Tool select and successfully coloured my impassable sections, the entire map is still covered with the selection tool (damn those ants!) and I cannot deselect, or select brush, or pretty much anything to be honest. At the least this is giving me some new ideas how to go about this and I've been creating my own layers and adding them to the map as I've been going along.

At some point when I dont have a scenario hungry group begging for the next RPG session (prolly when I get them all back to school after the holidays!) I'm going to tackle the RPG Fantasy map tutorial also.

Edit: ahem, spurred on by typing this out I though I'd go back and try something new. Clicked a few times twixt brush and Fuzzy tool, then clicked on a point on map and at least the Dungeon part of the map itself is no longer selected (though the outer part of the map remains surrounded by ants) and I appear to be able to draw again. Huzzah!
    Last edited by Sheelon666; 08-20-2010 at 10:07 AM.