Thread: Middle Earth DEM Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I like that last pic! Yes, it's a bloody good map man.
    We've talked about the changes we need to make if we can. The snow coverage and lightmap being the biggest immediate changes.
    I didn't know I was doing a run...lol Well, no problemo obviously.

I could get you masks for the erosion on the mountains from World Machine if you want them. I don't know what would be involved in incorporating those.
    I think it'll look amazing in ProLand. Getting our masks into OuTerra will be further out.

monks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by monks View Post
    I didn't know I was doing a run...lol Well, no problemo obviously.
    Heh - I did kinda take it for granted that after you have put so much modelling into it you would want a copy of the map rendered ! Otherwise I would have to get about 35Gb to you. Look at this pic 68,000 files - no way am I zipping that up LOL.

The ViewingDale set tho is 4800 files at 2.5Gb so that could fit on a DVD and I could post it.

I could get you masks for the erosion on the mountains from World Machine if you want them.
    I dunno, do I want these ? What I think I need is a greyscale map or HF2 map with nice rolled off soft edges including valleys etc of where the mountains are and that will multiply in with the real world big peaky set.

I think it'll look amazing in ProLand. Getting our masks into OuTerra will be further out.
    Yup - looking forward to flying around real time in Proland. Don't know if it will handle the res tho. I know we can do 20K but I have never had it working higher than that yet.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 05-15-2011 at 06:29 PM.